Number 36

Here is a Easter Monday treat for you! I hope everyone had somewhat of a Happy Easter. And are staying safe, healthy, well & following the rules of the government wherever you live.

Also...I hit 34,000 reads! Woo!!! Enjoy!

I was waiting. Waiting for the impact. One. Two. Three. Four. Five...It didn't take that long for Diego to launch a blade from his hand and release it. Blades fly fast.

I was waiting for the cold blade to hit my skin. But nothing. Either Diego had accidently launched the blade at my head, killing me instantly and I was just in a blade void for the rest of my deceased life, or something was wrong.

"Now, that is impressive" The professor spoke out. "You can open your eyes Lexi, you're not dead" he commented.

I opened my eyes slowly to see Diego standing far back on the spot, without a blade in his hand, the Professor standing beside him, both looking at me. Frowning, I felt a small touch of a vibration in my body as well as surrounding my body. Looking down, I looked at something that amazed me. I had no idea I could do it before.

The blade where it would have sliced deep into my shoulder, was now floating cm's away from the skin, surrounded by a vibrating red psionic mass. My powers protected my body, even when I wasn't physically using my powers myself.

At lease the old man was right. 'Number Zero, you are nothing without your powers'.

Without my psionic ability, I would have potentially died from a bullet wound all those weeks ago, and now, I would have a blade stuck in my shoulder.

I always wanted to tell the old man he was wrong, that I was more than just my powers. But I wasn't. I had the strongest, powerfullest powers I've known, as well as with my fucked-up family, without them, I would just be me. Alessia.

The Professor walked towards me slowly, his eyes locked on the floating blade that belonged to Diego. "My, my, when I read your hospital reports of a bullet somehow moving itself from within you, it baffled me" The professor put his hand out and gently removed the blade from the air. "Incredible" he whispered "You are incredible" he smiled, placing the blade into his trousers. "Well done, Diego, now it's time for Number Zero, or as I like to call her now, The Witch" he grinned. "Swap places with Diego" he instructed me. "Same goes to you, you try anything and you will highly regret it. I can reverse the effects of Diego's injuries, making them return, and for him to be in agony, while he trains" he smirked.

I looked at the Professor with so much hatred. My face crumpled, my lips secured in a fine line, my eyebrows furrowed together, my eyes locked on his. Somehow, just somehow, I would put this man down without killing us all.

Walking away from my spot, I walked past Diego, feeling his hand brush up against mine. The familiar spark that ignited my body, ignited again. Sending a warm feeling to both my heart and my knickers.

Standing in the place where Diego once stood, along with the others, I watched Diego get into my original spot.

"Okay, so you have three abilities in one, is that correct?" The professor asked me.

"Yes" I confirmed.

"Which have all have something in common, psionics. Which from my research and as you call him; The Old Man, he stated its somewhat of a cosmic energy. The psionic energy manifest themselves as a reddish glowing energy current, like mists, and for you, as stated in his research, vibrate, so you know when they are actually activated" he explained "Reminds me of a comic book character...can't think of her name..." he trailed off. "Anyway, in the old man's notes, he explained one event, when you used so much of your powers, your irises turned a glowing red. How many other times has it happened?"