Number 24

(You know what these gif's mean...)

The last few days dragged. After my family came to visit, it was like time had stopped. I was bored, even with a huge mansion, it was always the same. Rooms with expensive items, or doors locked. I spent most of my time in the built-up nursery in my room, staring at the crib, trying to imagine a baby.

Sometimes I would imagine visions, one day I would enter the nursery and see Diego holding our baby, he was always smiling, staring down into the blue-eyed baby, a baby girl. Happiness beamed from him, but when I blinked, Diego and the baby was gone, instead the baby was in the crib, the bars of the crib now metal, like a jail cell, and my legs chained to the crib, before Daniel walked in, grinning. Then it was all gone, no baby, no Daniel, no metal. Just me in a plain old nursery, having dreams.

Daniel told me he had a surprise for me. Was it stupid of me to think he would let me go? Of course, it was stupid. Instead he presented me with papers, at first, I thought they were prenup papers, but they were potential donors of my future baby, if I chose to. They were all decent men, decent jobs, great health, but they weren't Diego. Of course, I threw the papers in the bin. The part that made me laugh the most was that he even suggested bringing Diego here to get me pregnant, or somehow obtaining his...swimmers. I declined quickly. This isn't how I wanted to have a baby...I would eventually, but my life was pretty fucked up right now.

Most of my time, I would either read countless books, do some adult colouring, or stare out the bay window in my room. Daniel got several reports that I was using my powers, which ended me getting shocked, but it was going to be worth it. I hope. I had everything, a huge house, money, a nursery ready, doctor on stand, but I didn't have the man I loved. Without him, I had nothing.

Today had finally dragged around the corner. Our engagement parties. Which meant my family was invited, and I hoped from the slight hint I dropped, Five, he would somehow come together with the family and figure something out. But we were already one step ahead. I think.

I stood in the mirror looking at herself. I had to make herself look rich, powerful and in love. Which I felt nothing.

"Having trouble choosing?" Daniel asked standing in the door way of the walk-in wardrobe.

"You should knock before you enter a woman's room, it's considered rude" I mumbled at him sighing. "Look, I will be honest, I am not in any mood to find a dress I like to dress up to be presented as your fake fiancé, in front of my family" I informed him, before he chuckled.

"You will become my wife soon, we just need to get the papers" he explained "But this party will ensure everyone, I am not just about money and power, I am about love, and I want to make sure my business is left to the heirs of our family"

"My family" I added "When I choose to have a kid, he or she will not be related to you at all" I warned him "My baby will have nothing to do with you"

"And what happens when this baby asks who I am?" he asked me.

"I'll figure something out" I told him "I'm sure I can come up with a plan, I mean I am supposed to be marrying a man who comes up with all sorts of plans, like holding me hostage, and using an engagement to cover it up"

"I'm not holding you hostage" Daniel pointed out.

"I may have come with you, but you have a piece of metal attached to my neck, and if I wanted to leave, you would deny it" I told him.

"True..." he nodded. "Anyway, someone will come do your hair, I'm thinking half up and half down, to cover up the..."

"The device that will shock me if I use my abilities? You should come up with a nickname" I told him sighing.