Number 20

"Lexi?" Diego asked his eyes widening in shock. "I thought you were in hospital?" he asked me.

"Oh, I was, and then I magically wake up with everything healed so I discharged myself" I informed him. "And I'm fine by the way, but why would you care?"

"I do care, Lexi, so much" Diego told me, standing up from the bed, without a mattress.

"Oh really?" I asked him. "So much you didn't stay by my side while I was in hospital in pain? Instead I find out you have gone back to your usual self" I scoffed at him and placed my head against the metal bars, containing Diego.

"It was about one of our missing brother's" he explained "Before we got together, I gave Patch some advice, and she took it...and that got her killed"

"And was the other brother found?" I asked him. "Did you see Klaus?"

"No...just Patch...lying on the ground" He explained looking down.

I sighed shaking my head, looking down. "You made a promise, Diego, and you broke it. Sometimes you need to let the professionals deal with certain things, because if you run into the danger, something like this happens"

"Let's face it, the police don't always solve everything" he added.

"But it's their job, Diego. You are not police!" I shouted at him, before laughing. "I honestly thought you had changed, that I was expecting something in our future, and the way I see it, this is our future" I explained. "You could be sentenced for murder, Diego...that's life"

"But I didn't do it!"

"You were at the crime scene; your prints are all over her body...maybe this is the slap in the face you needed...maybe you will now realise the truth" I sighed. "I could have given you a future, Diego. Kids, marriage, growing old together, a normal life...but now we are back to square one, where you choose fighting crime over me...and I won't stay and watch you destroy your life" I told him sadly, feeling my eyes getting glassy from the tears.

"What...what, are you saying, Lexi?" Diego asked panicked, walking towards me, the metal bars in the way. His hands touching mine, sparks igniting between us, but I couldn't have my heart broken again, nor my trust.

"You made your choice, Diego. And it wasn't me. So, I have to make my own choice, which doesn't involve you" I told him sadly. "I got shot, without my powers I could have potentially died, and even then, you wouldn't have been there, because I know what and who comes first"

"Patch doesn't mean anything to me, Lexi" he argued.

"Well you have a funny way of showing it...you lead her to her own death, because you can't help yourself" I mumbled. I could tell from Diego's facial expression that my comment hurt him. But it was the truth. "You loved her too much you lead her to her death" I sighed standing away from the bars.

"Lexi, you are my future, kids, marriage, all that, I want that with you, not with her" he explained, pleading with his eyes.

"I wish I could believe that, Diego. But when I was laying in hospital, in pain, everyone was there, but you weren't. I needed you the most then, but you chose being a hero and her. Can't you see how fucked up that is? Me, waking up finding the man I loved not beside me, only for Allison to tell me that you had gone all superhero to save your ex-girlfriend and now behind bars. How is that right, Diego?" I asked him. "I've had my heart broken too many times, from people showing their real feelings" I sighed. "All I have ever wanted was to be loved by someone, have a future with them, I thought I would have that with you, but I was wrong, then, my ex came into my life, I had hopes then, but then he showed me his real feelings when he saw the real me...after that, I thought I am not waiting for the third guy to come along, to either give me everything, or break me...I was that desperate to be loved, I knew the only other way to be loved by someone..."