Number 23

I groaned in pain, my whole body felt tight, eased up. Slowly opening my eyes, my vision was blurry, I couldn't make out where I was and I couldn't remember what happened. Blinking my blurry vision away, I noticed a black blur, before my vision slowly crept to 20/20. Daniel was standing, watching me.

"Wakey wakey sleepy head" He chuckled at me, soon crouching down. "Next time, behave" he warned me.

Frowning, I managed to pull my achy body up, seeing I was on a bed, my bed, my new bed, in my new bedroom. I slowly swung my body on the edge of my bed, rubbing my face, trying to wake myself up, before my vision was clear. Looking at Daniel, I frowned. "What did you do to me?" I asked him.

"Well, I guess it is a safety precaution" he told me "If you use your powers at all, without my permission, you get stunned" he told me. He grabbed a small mirror from my bedside table and gently moved me to a large floor to ceiling mirror, moving my hair to the side, I noticed a small piece of metal attached to my neck. I frowned at him.

"What the hell have you put on me?" I asked him. Frowning at him, he chuckled at me. "When you tried to attack me, I shot you with a dart, you collapsed, so we gave you a fancy new piece of jewellery. So, when you use your powers without my permission, it will detect a change in your body...I read somewhere that your hands vibrate when you use your abilities...so when that piece of tech feels a vibration in your body, it will shock you. You can only feel the vibration in your hands, but according to some information, the vibration is all around your body...so best not to...you know" he chuckled and smirked at me. I couldn't help but raise my eyebrow. "Self-pleasure Miss Hargreeves...with a friend" he chuckled. "It will only be deactivated through a little device that of course only recognises my thumb print" he added. "So, I would advise you to do as you are told"

"I will find a way out of this and I will kill you, slowly and painfully" I warned him, before he pulled his right hand out of his suit jacket, revealing a small device with a finger print scanner. He pressed a red button on the top, causing a shock wave of rippling electric pain through my body, instantly falling to the ground.

This was more of an electric shock, maybe this is what it felt like to be hit by a bolt of lightning. As he released his finger from the red button, he chuckled, as I slowly confused from the shock, before slowly managing to calm my body down. Looking at him, I smirked, my hands glowing red, causing the vibration, activating another painful shot of electricity, I quickly released a bolt of energy at Daniel, causing him to fly into the canvas picture above my bed. The sound of material breaking, and a main groaning in pain.

"Worth it" I groaned as the vibrations stopped but the electric current through my body still continued. Shame about the canvas, I really liked that.

Daniel quickly got off the bed and brushed himself off, looking at me pissed. Groaning he walked over to me, angry before he stopped himself. "I get it, I took you from your family, have placed a piece of technology on you, I will let you have that one" he told me "Anymore, and there will be consequences" he warned me. "Now I would advise you to get settled in, you are expecting some guests tomorrow" he grinned.

"What guests?" I asked him, slowly standing up. He smirked at me before walking away. Frowning to myself, I shook my head from confusion, before standing in front of the mirror. I looked rough.

After exploring the mansion to the places, I could actually visit, I was provided 5-star meals created by chefs, a relaxing spa session, before I closed my eyes and drifted off to bed.

When morning arrived, there was a loud knock on my bedroom door. Frowning, I turned over in my bed trying to ignore the pounding. Before the noise stopped, but instead the bedroom door opened.