Number 34

(So, I had this whole new chapter storyline planned out in my head. And for some reason, I'm having trouble putting it into a chapter. So, I feel this chapter isn't the best of the work I have done. So, I apologise, it will get better)

What the fuck?

Was the only thing going through my head right now, until I saw Diego laying on the white and metal bed opposite my own room, or cell, what ever it was right now.

I noticed other rooms or cells on the other side of myself, and I could only guess that there were cells beside my own. It was like something from a sci fi movie.

Placing my hands against the glass window, I quickly pounded on the glass, but nothing. This was strong glass. Which meant, I had to up my game. Placing my palms on the glass, I focused and closed my eyes, as my hands vibrated with glowing red psionics, I released my power, pushing against the glass. It still wasn't budging, not even cracking. So, I had to try harder. Pushing against the glass, upping the power I was producing, I suddenly cried out in pain feeling a sharp electric shot go through my body. Falling to the floor, I groaned out in pain, before the pain subsided.

Breathing slowly, to focus, I sighed to myself. "Not again" I whispered to myself. Daniel was dead, for sure. So, either he magically came back to life, or this was someone new.

"I would avoid doing that if I was you" A voice broke through into my room. Sounded like a speaker. Looking around the room to spot the speaker, I squinted seeing something white attached to the wall. The man was too chicken to come see me for himself. "Impressive though, but every time you use your powers, you get an electric shock through your entire body. So, just think about what you are doing, you don't want to make a mistake and then for your whole family to get the consequences" he chuckled. "Turn around" he said. Frowning, I turned to face the glass, seeing a man, wearing round glasses, his mousey brown hair swept back and wearing a lab coat. "You're Lexi, also known as Number Zero, The Witch" he smiled "Very impressive powers...though I don't think your father was quite right in what he said"

Wait.

Frowning at the man, I was totally lost. "What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"Your father- "

"He isn't nor was ever my father. He was a man who paid for children, and used them for his own dirty work, because he was too old to do anything himself, rotting away, before his heart stopped" I scoffed laughing "The man never had a heart" I mumbled, turning around and leaned against the glass, sliding down onto the ground.

"Reginald, told me, you were nothing without your powers, but your attitude and behaviour makes up for that" the man grinned.

"The old man knew nothing, just how to use and abuse the so called orphans he raised...oh, wait he didn't" I pointed out "You know my name, and of course you will know the others, so are you going to tell me yours?" I asked him, tilting my head to the side, waiting for an answer.

"No. Call me, The Professor" he spoke proudly of his name. Rolling my eyes, I sighed.

"Okay, let's cut the bull shit, what do you want?" I asked him "To use and abuse us, yourself?" I asked him.

The Professor scoffed. "Of course not, you are here because I am going to make you a better version of yourself" he spoke.

"Come again?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"Let's say, Reginald wasn't the only person with a mission" he mumbled. "You will find out soon, you will be the best you ever will be...I hope" he added, leaving his spot. Frowning I stood up and turned around watching him walk away.