Namjoon (M)

It's not very often that you find yourself partying. It's not that you didn't have an interest in it; it was more than you were partied out. Kind of sad and pathetic for someone who was still in their third year of university but it was the truth. You had practically exhausted yourself (and your bank account) during your first two years of university, attending every club night, house party and drinking related college event that you could. You were still known across campus as the first year girl who downed an entire bottle of tequila before stealing some traffic cones (causing several issues with traffic the next day) just so you could use the said cones as party hats for the various statues littered around your campus.

That day had practically gone down in history.

So yes, it's not really very often that you find yourself attending parties anymore; preferring the comfort of your own home and bed where you could scroll endlessly through social media compared to being surrounded by drunk people you barely knew. The parties you now attended were few and far between; so why did you find yourself in Hoseok and Namjoon's shared apartment this heinous Monday night? Well, because it was a celebration. Namjoon, one of your best friends and your boyfriend of almost a year, had released his first ever mixtape. You'd spent the entire day listening to the masterpiece of a mixtape on repeat, a mix of deep, philosophical songs and diss tracks with the rhythm and flow of all the anger and frustration he felt and still feels towards the people who didn't believe in him or told him he'd never amount to anything.

You see, all his life, Namjoon had always been the most clever, intelligent boy to walk whatever school he attended. University was no different and thus, he'd obtained a full scholarship to study both mathematics and philosophy. However, as much as he enjoyed both of those subjects, his passion had always been music. That had obviously led to slight friction with his family, who both wanted to support him and his music, but also wanted to see him succeed in life. And writing and producing didn't always lead to success. Namjoon had also received criticism for his lyrics, flow and rap from other rappers who felt they were better than him. Nevertheless, he'd never let him get to him and kept his head down, producing his music whenever he could around his degrees. And finally, it had paid off, with him releasing his first ever mixtape album.

Hence, you find yourself at Hoseok and Namjoon's apartment, for his congratulatory celebration. Hoseok's state of the art speakers blared music so loud, you could feel the heavy bass reverberating through your bones. Not that most people seemed to mind, as the music was practically confined to the living room where most people were either dancing or just enjoying the music. If people wanted to speak, they were more than welcome to in the kitchen or rooftop, which consequently belonged to Hoseok and Namjoon as well. You were currently standing outside, breathing in the fresh air while Namjoon was conversing with Jackson, Yoongi and Wheein. Jimin and Jungkook were currently fighting over your best friend, Suri. Who had yet to decide who she was going to say yes to because somehow, she had fallen for both Busan boys.

Your other best friend and Suri's sister, Sooji, was currently dancing on the table in the middle of the dance floor, her boyfriend of three years, Seokjin, was right next to her, egging her on as he drunkenly swayed left to right. Taehyung and his own paramour, Yena, were currently nestled in each other's arms, whispering and giggling to each other. Thus, you found yourself on the rooftop, a drink in your hand with Hoseok and his girlfriend, Seokjin's sister, Sooyun, at your side, keeping you company as you giggled at him. The poor boy had only had two drinks and yet he was flushed red and completely quiet, the complete opposite of what he was usually like while Sooyun, in her tipsy state, rambled on and on about something or the other. Honestly, she spoke so quick and changed topics so often, it was hard to keep up.

"____, I love you! I honestly love you so much. You're so pretty, and you've got such nice hair" Sooyun gushed, reaching out and practically yanking at your locks. You winced slightly at the tipsy girl. Hoseok had his arms wrapped around her, leaning his head on her shoulder while he quietly watched the interaction between the two of you.