Seokjin (request)

"I didn't know which one to get him, so I just got him the watch and cologne." You said to your best friend, Jennie, as you pulled the gift bag out of your locker.

"I swear, that boy is so lucky to have you. It's been what, a year now?" She asked. You nodded your head as you closed your locker.

"Yup, a year and counting." You said with a smile, "I better go. I want to give him his present before first period starts. See you later." Jennie waved you goodbye before she turned to chat with other friends.

You quickly made your way to Jin's first period class, eager to get his present to him. On your way there, you thought back to the day that he asked you out.

"So, I was wondering...do you want to go out with me?" Jin asked as he gave you the small rose.

You'd be lying if you said you weren't taken completely off-guard. Yes, you had had a crush on this guy ever since the beginning of last year, but he had never seemed to pay any attention to you, so why was he asking you out, exactly?

"Umm...why?" You asked, not trying to sound rude.

"Well, you're pretty cute, and I wanna get to know you." He smiled. That's what did it – that precious smile that always managed to make your heart skip a beat.

"Okay, sure." You said with a smile and took the rose.

You finally got to Jin's first period class with ten minutes to spare. You peeked in through the window and saw him talking to one of his friends, Namjoon, if you remembered right.

You were just about to walk in and give him his gift when you heard them talking about something that sounded serious. Curious, you stayed in the hallway and listened in.

"I don't know, I feel like she deserves to know." Jin said.

*She? What is he talking about?*

"If you're ready to deal with the consequences, then fine. Or you could just break up with her." Namjoon said.

*Break up with who? He's not cheating on me, is he?* You thought.

"But-" Jin tried, but was interrupted by Namjoon.

"She's gonna be pissed though," Namjoon chuckled, "what, finding out that you're entire relationship was just a bet."

*A bet? He only asked me out because of a bet?* You felt your heart shatter into a million pieces.

"I know. I don't know how I'm gonna tell her." Jin sighed.

"You don't have to." You said, walking into the room.The two boys looked up at you with wide eyes.

"Y/N! L-Let me explain!" Jin stuttered. You shook your head as tears grew in your eyes.

"Why did you choose me? Was I an easy target? Did you think it would be funny to mess with my feelings like this?" You asked as a lump formed in your throat.

"No, it's not like that!" Jin said. He took a step towards you, but you quickly stepped back.

"When you asked me out, did you have any interest in me at all? Was it really just a bet?" You asked.

"Please just listen." He tried.

"Answer me!" You yelled, "Was it really just a bet?" You wanted to leave more than anything, but you needed to know.