Jungkook Part 2

Jungkook never thought there would be a day where he instantly regretted everything so much. It was surreal - after two years, tears still threatened to mar his pretty face whenever he thought about her. After two years, you'd think that he'd have gotten over you.

Sure, there were times when he had so much schedules that he barely had time to think. While he was dating you, he hated having so much work, as it meant less time for you both. Now things had changed, and Jungkook had come to love the numbness that came along with being preoccupied. It somehow, miraculously allowed his feelings to be lost somewhere along the arduous dance routines.

It was one of Bangtan's rare day off, because the next day they were due to start their world tour. All the members were slouching, half-dead, on the sofa, sprawled out in various positions while watching a movie together. Then he heard Namjoon whisper a hurried goodbye to somebody on the other line, and quickly took off for Jungkook and his shared room.

The walls were pretty thin in the dorm, and Jungkook wished he had never heard her name being called. He was the one sitting nearest to his room, and curiosity got the better of him. Jungkook still got the same, nervous beating of his heart whenever you were mentioned; whether it was out of love or sadness, he did not know. He stealthily sneaked up to the now-closed door, not even having to strain his ears to listen on the conversation.

"Y/N, how's it going for you?" Namjoon was heard asking, "You finally returned my calls, how sweet of you." Jungkook mentally thanked his hyung for putting the phone on speaker, because that meant that he could hear your voice as well.

"Oh, oppa, I'm so sorry," you laughed. "But I went on vacation to Switzerland and left my phone there. It was a hassle getting my phone back. Then I was so occupied because Junghwan got sick for a long time, and kept vomiting everything he ate."

"Wait - Y/N, who's Junghwan?" Namjoon asked, confused.

Jungkook could literally feel his heart dropping to the deepest pits of the Earth. He slowly opened the door, so that Namjoon couldn't hear the clicking of the knob. He stood right next to the door, where his hyung couldn't see him because of the walls.

"Oppa," he heard you start nervously. "Jaehwan's my baby boy."

"Y/N -" Namjoon started, positively aghast.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you," you cut off, "My parents told me not to say anything, because it would reflect bad on me to be a single mother."

"Y/N, you're going to tell me the whole story right now," Namjoon said, crossing his arms.

"Namjoon, it's just a regular sob story of a single mom. We went raw, no condom - god, I was so stupid, boom, I 'miraculously' became pregnant, told the boyfriend. Boyfriend was a coward who didn't want to step up the plate to be a father, and dumped me. Next thing I knew, my parents made me move out of their house and in to another place. Now I have a two-year old son I'm raising on my own," you said, and Jungkook could hear every ounce of hurt in your voice, no matter how much you tried to act casual.

"Who's the father? Do I know him?" Silence came from the other line, and Jungkook could guess that you were contemplating whether to reveal him or not.

"It's J-jungkook," you whispered.

Jungkook was surprised that Namjoon hadn't already caught on. The baby was two years old, which was roughly around the time that Jungkook had broken up with you. Plus, the name. He had thought you would have cursed him enough to travel from the moon and back, but you had still named the child after him. Jungkook. Junghwan.

Namjoon had by then had hung up the phone in shock. Jungkook could hear the flurried texting sounds, and then the "ping" sound of a message being sent. The next thing he knew, his hyung was roaring for him.

"JUNGKOOK! YOU'RE COMING WITH ME RIGHT NOW!"

Now twenty minutes later, Jungkook was walking a feet behind Namjoon, who was fuming under his breath. He had no idea where he was being taken to, but it was probably to a secluded place where he could be scolded without the other members interrupting. That was when Namjoon stopped at the park nearest to the door, sitting down abruptly at a bench that had trees towering over it.                  

"Jungkook," Namjoon started. "I'm very disappointed that you did what you did. Truthfully, you don't even deserve this chance, but I'm giving you this one chance to make things right. Y/N's going to be here in five minutes, and I'll leave you two here. Don't come back to the dorm too late, alright?" Jungkook could see Namjoon's eyes softening, and for the millionth time, he felt guilt overcrowding his senses.

The promised five minutes had passed, and Jungkook was sitting on the bench, nervously picking at his nails. He didn't even know what to say to you if you were here. Yes, he wanted you back so desperately, but after all he'd put you through, in the back of his mind he knew there wasn't a high chance.

"Jungkook?" A sweet voice interrupted his train of thoughts. Oh, how muchhe missed your sweet voice calling his name. "What are you doing here? Where's Namjoon oppa?" Your voice turned hostile after you got over your initial shock, and to be honest, Jungkook was kind of expecting it.

However, when he stood up to meet your eyes, he wasn't expecting for you to be tightly grasping the hand of another man. And for that man to be holding Junghwan. His son.

"Y/N," Jungkook said, tears already swimming in his eyes. He locked eyes with his son, the one who seemed to believe that the other man was his father. Call him deluded, but Jungkook thought that Junghwan was exactly like him; the same doe eyes the fans crazed over, the high nose, and the small, but pouty lips. Then he stared at your new man; he wore a business suit, had a decent-looking face, and was equally as confused as you were.

"I j-just wanted to say sorry," Jungkook said, gulping back tears.

"I think it's little too late, Jungkook," you said softly, looking at him with an unreadable expression.

"Can - I just hold Junghwan for a minute?" he asked, looking hopefully. You gave a short, "go ahead", and Jungkook rushed over to Junghwan.

"Go, Jungkook," he heard you say. "I think it's best if you don't appear in his life again. Like the way it was for the past two years."

"Y/N, I'm really sorry," Jungkook repeated, "Really, really sorry for how e-everything turned out."

Jungkook felt as his soul was leaving his body as soon as you turned back around to leave, He wanted to shout all the things he had been preparing to say; how he still loved you, and how he regretted being the jerk he was two years ago. Perhaps he was still foolish for hanging on the thin thread of hope, but it still hurt when the love of his life was officially not his anymore. It was time to accept that.

"Mommy, who's that?" he heard Junghwan say as soon as he thought he was out of earshot.

What you said tore the final bits of his heart. "He's nobody, Junghwan," Y/N gave him once glance before going into the black car. "Let's go home, daddy promised to cook you your favourite food!"

As Jungkook was walking back to the dorm, he constantly replayed what you had said to Junghwan about him inside his head. "He's nobody, Junghwan," roamed his thoughts, and everytime it did, it struck him deep inside. Somewhere among the depths of his hardened heart, he felt all emotions being releashed - the same ones he had tried to repress for two years. The pain of losing you felt raw, and even more intense when he broke up with you. I deserve the pain, he thought. Y/N probably went through even more worse.

Worst of all, Jungkook never found out directly if you had gotten over him or forgiven him. Judging by the clasped hands, it seemed like you were perfectly happy with another man. While Jungkook stayed back in the remnants of your past, frantically trying to fit together pieces of a puzzle that would never fit together, just like how the last two years had been. Slumping down on his bed, ignoring the boisterous calls of the other boys, he let his tears freely fall down until his favourite sweater was stained with ugly, dark streaks.

He still regretted everything.

THE END!!!!!!!!!!!