Namjoon

You were broken. After walking in on your boyfriend - now ex - practically devouring your best friend, Irene, who you thought you could have trusted, you came to the conclusion that every relationship you would have, romantic or platonic, would simply end in misery and betrayal. It was almost as if all of your past boyfriends just wanted you for your body. You didn't know if you could trust anyone anymore. You began to think that your closest friends would eventually betray you, even though you knew deep down inside that they would stay by you.

And of course, you knew Kim Namjoon would always be with you.

Limbs sprawled and dried tears, you lay on your bed in trepidation of what your future was to be. You couldn't help but think that all hope for you was lost, and that you would never love anybody again. The thought of seeing Jumin pinning Irene to the wall, lips connected and faces flushed - you almost felt sick to your stomach.

That image of Jumin and Irene only made the pain in your chest grow, and urged you to let out the tears you've been holding back for sleepless nights. You held your knees to your chest and sobbed into the sheets beneath you, not caring if the entire world heard you at that moment. You had the right to be upset, especially after seeing Jumin grinding his hips against your friend, his left hand riding up her shirt while his right hand slid down beneath-

Your thoughts were cut off by the sound of your cell phone blaring beside your ear, the familiar ringtone letting you know that your best friend, Namjoon, was trying to reach you, but you didn't want to talk to him. You didn't want to talk to anyone. He didn't even know about what you were going through, but all he knew is that you weren't showing up to school, and that meant something definitely wasn't right with you, since you had never missed a day of school - until now.

The constant ringing of your phone drove on for at least half an hour, bringing you to the point where you angrily grabbed your phone and shut it off, tossing it to the other side of your bedroom, sighing in relief of the silence. Unfortunately, you forgot about how persistent Namjoon was, so when you heard someone banging on your front door, you groaned and ignored them, hoping that they would leave soon. You knew it was Namjoon, but that pushed you ever further to ignore him.

"Y/N! I know you're in there!" You heard him yell, the pounding on the door growing louder by the second. Suddenly, you heard your front door slam shut, and that's when you remembered that you had given Namjoon a key to your house only a few weeks ago. He was already halfway down the hall when you jolted up and ran to your door, attempting to lock it, but he was too quick and opened the door before your hand could even touch the doorknob.

"Go away," You said before trying to push him out, but he quickly grabbed your wrists and embraced you, moving his hands to your head and pulling you closer to his body.

"I was so worried," He mumbled into your hair.

"Joonie, please, just go."

He slightly pulled away in confusion at your words, his hands softly cupping your cheeks and his forehead pressed against yours.

"Your eyes are red... were you crying?" He asked, concern written all over his face. You couldn't stand to see his pained expression, so you slowly nodded then looked down.

"J-Jumin-" You managed to gasp out, but you immediately choked on your own tears as Namjoon pulled you closer, hugging you tighter than he had ever before. You felt your knees buckle, and Namjoon slowly fell to the ground with you, the overwhelming silence taking over the sullen mood surrounding you. "Why did you come, Namjoon?"

"I figured you shouldn't be alone," He whispered, running his fingers through your hair as you quietly sobbed into his shirt. "Eunhee told me about him and Irene. I'm so sorry, Y/N. You don't deserve this. You don't."

Minutes passed as you lay in his arms, but you managed to gather yourself and look up at Namjoon, who mumbled to himself as he wiped away your tears with his thumbs. You stayed like this for a while, your cheeks held by his soft hands, gazes averted as silence fell over the room.

"Y/N..." Namjoon spoke, slightly lifting your head to allow your eyes to meet with his.

"You love me, don't you?" You said abruptly, causing Namjoon's mouth to stay agape as he stared at you, wondering if you had really just asked him such a thing.

"I-I... well I-I wouldn't say-" He began to stutter, but you cut him off by leaning forward and pressing your lips to his. He froze in shock, but slowly melted into the kiss, bringing his arms to hook around the back of your neck. You disconnected your lips with his, yet still stayed in close proximity to his reddened face.

"I can see it on your face. You love me."

Namjoon sighed and shifted his gaze down to the carpet, deciding to spill his secrets to you.

"I do. I love you, Y/N." You almost flinched at his words, but you knew ultimately that he wasn't like your previous boyfriends. Namjoon was kind. He was understanding. He was gentle. He knew you better than your own family. He was your family. He had always stuck with you through the rough times. He had cared about you, and he would always care about you. You trusted him with your life, and now you were just realizing that the answer was in front of you all along? After so many years of scattered thoughts and conflicted emotions, you finally knew he was the one.

"Namjoon, can you teach me how to love again?" You asked, almost desperate for a positive answer from him. Surprisingly, instead of an answer, he kissed you softly, cupping your cheeks as you simply melted at his touch. He pulled away with a gentle smile on his face, showcasing his dimples, one of your many favorite features of him.

"As long as you promise to stay by me," He said, and you quickly nodded before quickly pecking his lips.

"I promise."