Jungkook (request)

You opened your eyes slowly as you heard your boyfriend call out your name quietly. You immediately sat up on your elbows and looked over at him. His eyes were closed, and his face was peaceful.

He seemed to be fast asleep, but you knew better.

You scooted closer to him and took one of his hands in yours .

"I'm right here, it's okay," you whispered.

Jungkook slept on, still as ever.

Sighing, you crossed your legs and began to play with his fingers. This wasn't the first time he had experienced sleep paralysis. Everytime he had one, he would call out to you, and you would try to soothe him.

Sometimes it worked, and other times he would tell you that he hadn't felt your presence at all.

You gave his hand a light squeeze, hoping that he knew you were there this time.

The room was quiet, filled only with the sounds of the ever ticking clock.

You wished he would react somehow, to let you know that he was fine. He was so still that you began to think that maybe you had imagined his voice calling you.

You reached over and gently placed your hand on his chest.

His heart was beating abnormally fast.

You bit your lip. How long would this last?

After about two more minutes, you finally felt Jungkook's hand gently tighten around yours.

"Jungkook-ah?"

His brows creased and he took in a big breath.

"Don't leave me."

You sighed in relief. If he was able to talk, then you knew that he would be able to recover soon.

"I'd never."

As the words left your lips, his form visibly relaxed. After a few more seconds, he opened his eyes.

"What time is it?"

You looked up at the clock and sighed.

"It's 3:16 in the morning. You need to be up in two hours."

Jungkook groaned quietly and pulled you down beside him. Pulling you closer to him, Jungkook placed his head on top of yours.

The two of you guys stayed silent. You could still feel Jungkook's heart beating fast, and hear his occasional deep breath.

"Was it really bad this time?" You asked quietly.

Jungkook let out a small sigh, "It was a little worse than usual."

You looked up at him with questioning eyes.

Jungkook smiled and pecked your nose, "You're really cute, you know that?"

You looked at him annoyed. "Yah don't change the subject. How was it worse?"

Jungkook let out a weak laugh, and squeezed your arm.

"Just... I was awake but I couldn't move. And I felt pressure on my chest – it was hard for me to breath."

"Any hallucinations?"

Jungkook paused before whispering a quiet yes.

And you let the subject drop. You had done some research on sleep paralysis, and you had found that sometimes the person would get slight hallucinations; they would feel as if there was a supernatural being beside them, or something evil around them.

Basically it felt like a nightmare in which you were awake. And couldn't move. And couldn't breath.

You made a mental note to call his doctor again in the morning. Last time he had told you to "not worry about it" and that "things like this usually happened once". Your eyebrows furrowed in anger.

"Hey, you're hurting me..."

"Wha–?"

Jungkook laughed and you blushed as you noticed you were holding his hand in a deathly squeeze.

"Ah, sorry. I was just thinking of something," you immediately relaxed your grip.

"Don't think of anything, lets just sleep okay?"

You nodded your head, and closed your eyes.

"Okay."

After about a minute, Jungkook whispered your name.

"Mmm?"

"Thanks," he mumbled. "For everything."

He hugged you tighter.

You smiled.

"No problem"