Jungkook Part 1

Jungkook sat down on the bed, looking at the object inside his hand. This very object, should it get into the wrong hands, had the power to destroy his whole life. He found it after he came to the shared apartment after a long day of practice and his head was throbbing from a headache from it.

It was a regular fight - the main topic about him never being there for her. You got mad because he couldn't make time for her. You had something serious to discuss, so they had met in his dorm after practice. Then Jungkook was so tired he fell asleep as you were talking, and he was annoyed when he felt himself being roughly woken up. Then Y/N got even more mad, then accused him of cheating because he had lied to her that he had practice when he didn't. However, in Jungkook's defence, he had lied because he really needed that extra time to sleep. Then what really made him snap was that topic.

"Jungkook?" he felt a voice call him, and he jerked his head back, only to find Namjoon with a plate in his hand. Jungkook quickly his the object underneath his pillows, which he hoped his hyung didn't notice. "Jin hyung told me you haven't eaten all day today."

"I have -" but he was silenced by Namjoon raising an eyebrow, raking his eyes over Jungkook's thinning body.

"I think there's more - I haven't seen you eat in days, Kookie," Namjoon said, his eyes soft but serious; which was the signal for Jungkook to tell him what was going on. "What's going on with you?"

"It's because of Y/N -" again Jungkook was interrupted, which he huffed about.

"Let me guess, you broke up with her?"

"W-well, yes," he stammered, once again coming to the realisation that Namjoon practically knew everything about him.

"Alright, I'll give you your space until you feel ready," Namjoon replied, backing out of the store, burning holes at Jungkook's lowered head. "Break ups are tough."

If only he knew, Jungkook thought miserably.

He wasn't going to deny - he was being completely selfish and rude when he broke it to her that he wanted to break up. He didn't even give a clear reason as to why, but Jungkook was sure Y/N knew why. He felt smothered by her at times. Although he knew you had many reasons to be insecure; he always on broadcast, interacting with gorgeous doll-like figures, always late to dates, and always somewhere but their home. He understood that; sometimes he didn't even know his own schedules for the day until he was getting his makeup done twenty minutes before shooting a commercial.

Jungkook had tried explaining to her many times. He didn't have a choice as to who he could appear on television with. He was sometimes just too worn out to text her before you slept. Most of the times he was late on dates, it was because practices or filming got too long, which added to another list of things Jungkook couldn't control (and there was a lot on the list).

The most important issue, however, was the pregnancy. The serious matter you talked about the day he fell asleep was about her pregnancy. He had initially felt so guilty. Jungkook acknowledged he was being a coward. But he felt so scared - all those years of hard work, slaving away dancing, and not seeing his family was going to be shattered the moment the paparazzi decided they needed a juicy article. All hell would break loose if sasaengs decided to attack her, potentially damaging the baby. He thought it was the best for everybody - ignore the feelings, make everyone's more easier. Truthfully, Jungkook thought he would be fine without her, and vice versa. Y/N's family was well off - she didn't need him for many financial support for the baby.

However, after finding the abandoned pregnancy stick in the bathroom, he was having second thoughts. He remembered the day he come home after practice, expecting to have to pack his bags because you would be kicking him out. Maybe end things on a good note, and tell her that they could get back together after a few years, if she was willing to wait.

The only thing that greeted him was a house devoid of any traces that you had also once inhabited this place. All your toiletries gone from your drawer in the bathroom, it all became surreal to Jungkook after he found the bedroom. The bedroom was as neat as the day when they first moved in; the white sheets pristine and pressed, folded neatly on the edges. The small desk that was in the corner of the room was missing the usual things; your laptop, your books, reading glasses, and the papers. When he opened the closet, half of it was bare, but still smelling faintly of your scent.

He suddenly regretted everything. Jungkook didn't know where you were gone - your number didn't exist anymore, you friends didn't know abut your whereabouts either, and talking to your parents was out of the question. He had no way of finding you, so he was going to miss his baby being born. He wouldn't be the father recording their baby's first steps, or first words. Jungkook could never talk with his child after they've grown up, talking about how they were like as a child. Most of all, he had hurt both you and the unborn baby - his child that would think his father had abandoned them. You because he cast you aside at the times he needed you the most.

As he once again turned his attention back to reality, he resumed his previous staring contest with the white pregnancy test. Jungkook asked himself - had he really made the right choice?