Jungkook Alternate Ending

Jungkook was hurt when he had to find out from another person that you were almost at the end of your pregnancy. Then the more he thought about it, the more he grew to despise his actions and thoughts because it was selfish. He broke up with you because of his foolishness; it was perfectly understable that you chose to cut off all ties with you. However, what honestly irritated him was that Namjoon had known about the details of your pregnancy, yet never bothered sharing them with him. Had Namjoon not heard the quiet, yet audible sniffles that came from Jungkook's side of the room almost every night?

He had accidentally found out when Namjoon had gone off to shower. Bored out of his mind, and trying desperately to get you out of his mind, he heard the familiar sound of an incoming message. When he checked his phone - after all the months, he still somehow hoped that you would bother to send him a message. Yet he found out to his disappointment, his brows furrowing that it was not his, but Namjoon's. Being the curious person he was, he decided to check his hyung's phone. What he saw next angered him so much.

Y/N: Hey, Namjoon-sshi, this is Y/N's friend. Y/N is giving birth at the Samsung hospital right now, I thought you'd appreciate being told about it. I can't stay with her, but it would be great if you could come - sorry if it's too late.

Not caring about the fact that it was three in the morning, Jungkook grabbed some clothes and started wearing them. He also grabbed a hat and a mask, in case anybody recognised him. Everything felt so surreal - his baby was going to be born. The product of him and your love was going to be brought into the world. How could he not go? Plus, he was determined to apologise and have you back.

Opting to ride a taxi for the fastest commute, he breathily told the address of the hospital to the driver. By this time, sweat was running down in trickles down his face. Impatiently wiping it off on the sleeve of his hoodie, Jungkook nervously drummed his hands on his thighs. It had been so long that he had seen you in person, his heart raced at the thought of being able to meet the love of his life again.

After what seemed like twenty days had passed, the taxi had finally pulled up the curb, and Jungkook raced out and swiftly found that the room you were in, with the thanks of a desk lady. He then found out that he wasn't allowed inside during the delivery, so he once again resumed the same position he had while in the taxi, this time on the bench outside the delivery room.

Then the screams started. Jungkook knew that delivering mothers all screamed while giving birth, but your gut-wrenching screams tore him apart, like someone was pulling him apart from limb to limb. His heart dropped whenever you let out an exceptionally loud scream. He felt like it was all his fault that you were in pain like this - as if breaking up you with you had somehow made the pain even worse for you. He found himself going back to the promise that he had made about protecting you no matter what; but even the great Golden Maknae was powerless against Mother Nature. That made him feel useless and question everything good he had been told about himself.

Two hours later, Jungkook was relieved that it had been a relatively quick delivery. After identifying himself to doctors, who then proceeded to acknowledge him as not a threat, he was finally inside the room. You were asleep, and Jungkook got a chance to admire your sleeping face. She looks still so beautiful after giving birth, he thought.

Your whole body was drenched with sweat, and blood splattered over the blankets. Your breathing was slightly irregular, your chest heaving up and down as you fought in your sleep to regain balance. One of your hands was dangling down the side of the bed, and Jungkook swiftly grabbed your warm hand. Stroking soft, light circles on the palm of your hand, he gazed lovingly at you.

That was, until you woke up with a start, your eyes meeting with a hazy figure. Blinking twice, your vision finally cleared and Jungkook's heart raced even more when your eyes lighted with recognition. He felt another jab at his heart when you instantly pulled your hand off his, glaring.

"What are you doing here, Jungkook?" your voice was cracked, but it thinly veiled the disgust and contempt that lay underneath.

"I- I," Jungkook felt his throat close up at the prospect of hearing your voice talk to him again. "I came became I finally got the courage to admit how much I love you."

"Too late, don't you think?" you scoffed, and Jungkook bowed his head down.

"I know, jagi -"

"Don't call me that," 

"Please listen to me, Y/N. I admit it all - I was scared; what else would you expect? I'm still really young - much too young to be a father. Then I got extra scared for your safety; with Bangtan's growing popularity, we seemed to be attracting much more sasaengs and papparazzi wherever we go. They would all go ballistic if they ever found out of the pregnancy - and I had to think of my hyungs as well. It would have been fine if I was a solo artist and people found out. But I'm in a group with six other people who worked for the last five years to achieve a dream that we literally crawled from the bottom to reach. If anything got leaked, some fans would go crazy, and our group's career would be dead. I couldn't risk all that."

Jungkook continued.

"But then I realised. You and the baby are worth every bit of that. I should have priotised you over my work in this kind of situation. I should have been there throughout your pregnancy, like a normal man would do. I realised how much you are to me, and I decided that I was so, so wrong and I want to make it up to you. I promise I will always be here for you from now on, and the baby as well. Please, please give me another chance, Y/N. I'm so s-sorry, I don't know how I can live without you; I love you that much. Please believe me."

After a period of silence as you let his words sink in, you spoke up.

"Jungkook," you started. "Did you know that the baby is a boy?"

Jungkook felt his heart swell up with multiple emotions - happiness, pride, and love. Tears were already gathering up in your eyes, and he hastily wiped them away.

"You told me that you had always wanted sons," you said simply, smiling a little.

"Y/N," he declared, "I love you more than you will ever know, and I will never let you go again."

"And I forgive you for being dumb and a jerk," you replied, kissing him on the top of the nose, "But you never get another chance. You better be here for the baby and me."

Sensing that sleep was threatening to overtake you, Jungkook happily allowed you to go back to sleep. You closed your eyes, listening to the fading sound of his voice singing to you, as it slowly lulled you back to your dreams with a smile etched on your face.