Chapter 22

"Go Dani!" I heard Ashley yelling, I looked her and smiled then everything went black. That was the last thing I saw before waking up on the field. Everything was blurry, but I could make out a few faces. I could tell that the coach was there, and Ashley, but I couldn't make out the 3rd face. "Dani, Dani, wake up please!" I heard Ashley shouting. I guess they couldn't see my eyes open, but I started sitting up. My head was pounding, but I didn't completely remember what happened one minute I was smiling at Ashley and the next thing I know everything is pitch black. "What happened?" I asked still a little groggy. "Oh thank god you're okay!" Ashley exclaimed. "Yeah, what happened?" I asked. "Well, you ran into the goal post, but you scored so it's not all that bad. Although, you might have a concussion." My coach said. After the explanation, I realized who the third face was... Jen. I rolled my eyes, and Ashley helped me off the field and onto the side lines.

"Why was Jen here?" I asked. Ashley gave me an annoyed look and responded, "Funny, I was going to ask you the same thing." She said with a hint of jealousy in her voice. I didn't want to get any madder at me so I just stayed quiet until the game ended. 

I was walking to my car with Ashley when Jen walked up with Megan. "Hey, I wanted to see how you are doing, with hitting the goal post and all." Jen said. "I'm great actually, but we're going to go out for lunch so bye." I said as I continued walking away. "Wait Dani, I have news." Megan exclaimed. "What?" "Me and Jen are dating." She said. I shrugged my shoulders and grabbed Ashley's hand.

We got to the diner and sat down in a booth in the back of the diner. We both ordered and then Jen and Megan walked in. "I think Jen and Megan are following us." I whispered. Ashley turned around and rolled her eyes. They walked over towards us, "Look at that, great minds think alike, how about we join." Jen suggested, but before me and Ashley could protest they sat down. Jen sat by Ashley, and Megan sat beside me.  

I could tell Ashley was getting infuriated, she looked like she would explode of anger any minute. Ashley and I sat there in awkward silence until Jen did something she would later regret.