Chapter 30

Toya POV

"Britt's cussin you out in a text," Rashid came and gave me my phone. We're leaving for the party in like ten minutes. My movie was nearly over. "How many times you done watch this movie? It ain't that good now."

"Yes it is now shut up before I hurt you." I took my phone from him and cussed Britt's ugly ass back. 

"You're weird as shit."

"Quin will like it." He mugged me and I started laughing. "When are we going to see him again? I miss him already."

"I'm goin to fuck you up in a minute Toya. My brother don't like crazy females who watch X-Men."

"That's not what he told me." He smacked me with the pillow. "Stop it Rashid. Damn can't never take a joke. If you mess up my hair we're goin to throw hands."

"You ain't bout that life. Bring yo ass on girl so we can turn up. You can watch this movie any other time."

"Ugh! Fine."

Shad POV

"Man yo family crazy," Malik laughed. We were at my cousins house chillin outside while them boy gamble inside. 

"Yeah man. Can't stay around them for too long." There's not much to do so we were heading down the road to shoot some hoops. It's late but no one really cares. "Man my sister fuckin graduated man. I can't believe this."

"I can," Malik said. "Unlike most people she actually practices what she preaches. I remember she used to spend like three hours quizzing us on things we needed to know and she'd spend an extra four studying for herself."

"That was the most important thing to Toya. She told me she didn't feel right telling me to get good grades if she wasn't doing her best in school. At least now she's not as stressed as she was before. I think she's trying to get us a bigger place."

"That would be cool. We get our own rooms and stuff." We played a one on one game for a while. We talked trash and joked around. "Aye who's that?" we seen some dudes walking our way.

"What it do youngins?" one dude looked familiar to me but I don't know how.

"What's up?" Malik said.

"Aye pass the ball real quick." We did. "Y'all wanna do two on two real quick? Me and my boy Dee here."

"Fine," we shrugged. It was a pretty cool game. They been better than us. We're more football players anyway. Afterwards we just sat and chill for a minute. I looked at this dude Dee again and I finally remembered who he was. He was with Toya at the homecoming game. Deon? I think. I heard Rashid kicked his ass for fighting her and he was supposed to be in jail. I started having a bad feeling. "Listen man we gotta go."

"Where you goin youngin?" one dude pulled out a gun. He grinned at us. "The fun is just starting."

Rashid POV

I swear me and Toya is the craziest couple ever. We can never leave on time cause we always arguing about some shit, end up fighting, then kissing and back to fighting. But ever since Britt and Xavier broke up we been like the ideal power couple. 

We walked into that party and shit been live as fuck. The place been pact wall to wall. Me and my goons been in VIP smokin and chillin. Xavier ain't been here. We ain't talked since he told us about his problem. I just don't like the fact he ain't come to me. Shit we like family man. I wouldn't care how deep his debt was I would've paid that shit in a heart beat. The whole squad knows I'd lay my life and wealth down for them. I don't know why he had to keep this shit from us.