Chapter 15

Shad POV

This was our last practice before our final game. After that playoffs and hopefully state. Coach thinks we could be good enough to be number 1 in the state. I'm hella turnt for that. Malik went with me to get my water bottle. "Just think man," he said. "Us going to state. We'll literally be the only ones in junior high who'll go."

"We got skills like that man." We both took a sip of our Gatoraide. Coach yelled at us to run this play again. I took one last sip before taking my position. We practiced hard for a good hour. I started feeling dizzy and lightheaded.

"Aye Shad you okay?" Malik came up to me. He helped me over to the bench. I felt sick to my stomach and I felt like I couldn't breathe. "Coach! Something's wrong." I started weezing and felt my tongue was swelling up. "Call an ambulance! He can't breathe." They started taking the pads off of me. 

"What the hell happened?" Coach yelled. I heard sirens and someone picked me up. I blacked out after that.

Toya POV

"Check lawn and garden ma'am," I told this woman. I was ready to leave. I had to check out anyway. My phone vibrated for like the tenth time. I ignored it because it was no other than Rashid. I'm seriously done with his ass. If I had walked in five minutes later, he would've been in there fucking Trina. I was starting to think that liking him wouldn't be too bad. Big slap in the face that was. I went to the little check out area and was out. 

"Toya!" Britt ran to me when she saw me in the parking lot.

"What's wrong?"

"Shad's in the hospital."

"What?" My heart literally just broke. What happened to my brother? "Why? What's going on?"

"I don't know but you have to come." Britt got in her car and I got into mines. I was hitting ninety the whole way. I'm glad there ain't no police around because my ass would've been on the news because I was not stopping until I got to the hospital. I parked next to Britt and sprinted inside. Britt showed me to Malik.

"What happened?"

"I don't know. We were at practice and out of nowhere he started getting real sick. He was throwing up and he couldn't breathe." I broke down crying. I can't lose my little brother. That's my world, my heart. I was lifted up off the ground and into a chair. I can't imagine my life without Shad. I just can't do this on my own. 

"It's okay," it was Deon. "Ma I'm sure little man gon pull through." I'm praying that happens. I need Shad.

Rashid POV

Ever since this shit with Toya came up I been slacking off. I had to get back to making this money. I had to go back into the city in a couple of days to pick up some shit. My phone started ringing in my pocket. "Yo?" 

"Aye man get to the hospital," it was Xavier.

"Man damn what happened now?" I swear them people in there are going to remember us by name.

"Shad in here man."

"Fuck I'm on my way." I already know Toya goin crazy right now. Shit man I don't know what the fuck is going on. First someone shooting, then they poisoning Toya, and now Shad? I pulled up next to Toya's car and got out. Xavier and Britt been pacing the front area, Malik look scared, and Toya was rocking back and forth in her chair. "Aye man what happened?"

"Shit man that's what we're trying to figure out. Toya ain't holding up too good man."

"Toya?" I went to check on her. "Ma you okay?" she didn't answer me. Damn this shit really fucking with her. I went to check Malik. "You good little man?"

"I don't know," he said. "I rode in the ambulance with him. His heart stopped twice." Damn. "I can't tell Toya. She'll think he died. They have the same thing."

"What thing?"

"Some disease or something. The have life threatening allergies. Toya is allergic to peanuts and Shad allergic to soy or something. I just don't know how he got it though."

"It's going to be okay alright man?" I looked back at Toya and Lil B came out of nowhere and tried giving her something to drink. She still looked out of it. I ain't gon lie, seeing him irked the hell out of me. We waited for over an hour before we heard from a doctor.

"Family of Devin S. Coaxum," Toya jumped up quick. "He's lucky. Got here any later he wouldn't have made it. He has to stay here for the next couple of days."

"Can I see him?"

"Right down the hall."

When we got to the room Shad been sleeping. Toya climbed in the bed next to him and just hugged him. I looke at Xavier and he looked at me. Yeah, we have a lot of shit to do. This shit ain't adding up. 

Unknown POV

"Kid's in the hospital boss," my little informant told me.

"She took the bait?"

"Yes. But it looks like she has a little secret weakness too. She has a grandmother in the hospital as we speak."

"Hmm...we'll use that. We need to break her. Now, let's talk about my missing money."

Xavier POV

I stopped by the trapp for a bit. I needed some alone time to get my mind right. As I walked through the door I felt something hit my head. "Shit!" I cursed. I felt somebody kick me and others started stomping me out. 

"Don't forget you still owe us some fuckin money kid. This debt ain't going nowhere you understand me?" Damn this shit hurt. They walked out the door without another word.

"Fuck!" I slowly got up. I went to Rashid's office. The safe was open and all the money was gone. "Shit!" Rashid will lose his top. I called his phone. "Someone robbed the fuckin trapp."

"The fuck you mean someone robbed me?"

"You need a fuckin dictionary? Rob as in they stole every fuckin thing. All the money, gone."

"I'm on my way." Damn it. They stole at least a mill and I still had to pay this fuckin debt I'm in. This shit is crazy. I don't know what the fuck I can do man.

Yet another update. That's like 4 in 2 days. Turn up! :D Looks like someone's targeting Toya. I wonder who. Vote, comment, share. Don't go ghost on me.