Chapter 4

Latoya POV

I was sitting in my car for a good hour just thinking why the fuck am I still here? This is my car and I can go where the hell I please. But that doesn't seem right. Rashid did save my life and he deserves a break from my bitchiness.

It actually felt pretty good not to argue with him. He was cooler than I initially thought he was. I guess you can say I jumped to conclusions about him. But really that doesn't change my opinion about him. I still think he's disrespectful as hell but I owe him a little peace. He's the main reason Shad doesn't lose me too and as much as I'd hate to admit it, I'm truly grateful to him for that.

I'm so mad about my phone though. Last night the screen cracked and soda got all over it. Now it's acting like a bitch. I can't just sit here no more. I need to get another one. I damn near jumped out of my skin when my front door opened. "Don't do that shit," I said.

"My bad ma," Rashid slid inside. "You don't peg me as someone who's easily scared."

"Trust I ain't. I wasn't paying attention and you came out of no where. How'd it go?"

"They ain't got shit on me. Told em to leave my name out they damn mouth."

"Lies. You ain't thug life."

"Girl whatchu talkin bout? I am thug life. My whole story thug. Fuck what you talkin about."

"Anyways," I said. "Since you wanna drive everywhere take me to the verizon wireless store. My phone's fucked up."

"You bossing me around like I'm your slave or some shit."

"Yes you is. I finna brand that ass mine. Address me as madam ya heard?"

"Girl the fuck? Look like I got DJango on my forehead?"

"You finna be my DJango in a minute boo."

"Oh really?" He raised an eyebrow to me. Damn it! I just heard what I said.

"Shut up, you know what I mean." His ass laughed. He pulled up to the verizon wireless store. "You coming or nah?"

"Yeah whatever." He followed me inside. People been eyeballing and mean mugging the hell out of us. "The fuck y'all lookin at?" Everyone went back to their business.

"And you talk about me being mean."

"You're mean all the damn time for no reason. I get mean when people staring at that ass that's mine."

"Nigga bye my ass not yours. Like I said not even in your dreams."

"Not even for the nigga that saved that ass?" Ugh! He irks my nerves so bad.

"Not even. Unless yo name finna be Future nigga this ass ain't nobody's. Shit come to think about it, I may take Keem up on that offer after all. Ain't his shoe size like a ten? You know what they say about a nigga with big feet."

"Don't play with me girl." Damn his ass actually sounded jealous. "I'll fuck the both of y'all up."

"Negro please," I went up to the counter to get my new phone. Rashid took a step back and was talking on the phone. After this ugly ass nappy headed hoe stopped drooling over Rashid and actually got my damn phone I walked up to him. The SD card ain't been damage so I just put it in my new phone. After all that now I'm ready to damn eat. I haven't had shit to eat since yesterday afternoon. "You taking me to get something to eat or what?"

"Ask Future or Keem," he said.

"Rashid you make me sick."

"Say my name again."