Chapter 28

1 month later (Graduation)

Shad POV

No school for me! Wanna know why? My sister graduated today. She was valedictorian in her class but since mama's death she decided not to give a speech. It was cool seeing my sis rise above everything and do what people thought she wouldn't be able to. She's been through the storm. Stopping her childhood just to see me have one. Took in Malik and Britt knowing it would add more stress. She paid hospital bills, light bills, she even put me and Malik on her phone bill. She bought us just about everything we wanted and needed.

"Latoya Coaxum," the entire stadium erupted in applause and hoots. Our big ass family from the island came and showed her love. We were the loudest sections chanting "Toya! Toya! Toya!" She smiled and posed to take her picture. "Brittney Grimes."

"Yeah baby! Get it! That's wifey," I got up and started dancing. Everyone in my section bust out laughing. Britt did too and blew me a kiss. She posed for her picture and joined her class.

"Rashid Hamilton." His boys and empire jumped up yelling out for him. I didn't know Rashid was so smart. I think he was number 5 or 4 in his class. He went on stage and got his diploma. He threw up his set and got off. "Akeem Anderson."

"Aye!" Akeem fool ass got on the stage dancing. "Nigga we made it." We all bust out laughing. "Toya I love you girl!" Everyone started laughing even more. Rashid is going to kick his ass once he's done.

"Xavier Fraser," everyone cheered him on. "Damon Gadsden. Ronald Green." They called out the endless list of graduates until the last person. "I present your graduating class of 2014." Once we got outside everybody was turning up.

"Congrats Toya," the whole family hugged her. "We knew you'd do it. You made your grandmother proud."

"Thank you fam," she wiped away the tears rolling down her face. She closed her eyes for a second before blowing a kiss to the sky. "Love you mama." We hugged her again. 

"Toya!" Britt ran up to her bouncing up and down. I heard her parents didn't come which is fucked up. "We fuckin made it man!"

"Oh my god yes bitch! Fuck you school I'm done." They hugged each other. "What party we finna hit up?"

"Shit I don't know and I don't care. We can hit em all if you ask me."

"Bitch that's like 10 clubs, 50 house parties, and 6 barbecues. You fool as a damn duck if you think I'm buying new outfits for all of them." We all started laughing.

Toya POV

Yes ya girl is an offical alumni for my school. An official graduate. Officially done with the bitch. I'm fuckin free yo. Yes bish I finna turn up like ain't no tomorrow. Turn down for what? Turn down for who? Not a damn thing or body. I need this stress reliever. My family started leaving and they took Shad and Malik with them to chill on the island for a few days. 

"Congrats babe," Rashid came up and hugged me. 

"Thank you, and same to you. Did you hurt Keem?" He just grinned. "You are something else you know that?"

"Yup. Where y'all finna go?"

"I'm going home to wash up and get ready for a party. It's graduation week and there's hella parties goin down and I'm goin to turn up."

"Turn yo ass down a little. I'll pick the party."

"Nigga what? Hell nah the fuck you mean. We ain't siemese twins or some shit nigga. We ain't attached at the hip. Imma make sure you don't know what party I go to."

"I ain't even tryna hear that shit."

"Y'all niggas shut the fuck up," Britt said. Rashid looked at her crazy. "Don't look at me like that nigga. Don't try and act tough in front of everybody. You know damn well you gon be all 'I'm sorry babe' and booed up with Toya later. And Toya, you stop showin yo monkey ass off. Y'all niggas wanna show off now that you graduate high school. Ain't nothin real about what y'all doin. Ain't none of you bitches wear the pants in the relationship so stop actin out."

"Hold the hell up hoe. Who the fuck-"

"Fuck you Toya," she said and I bust out laughing. I love my bitch. "You know damn well you ain't goin to a party without Rashid so stop frontin. Anyways, y'all muthafuckas got my ass hot and shit. Fuck you and text me what party we finna turn the fuck out."

"Britt you keep talkin to me crazy Imma put you on yo damn neck," Rashid said.

"Try it bitch." He took off running after her. Britt fast in some heels. "Toya get yo man! This nigga crazy as hell chasing me in traffic and shit." I couldn't stop laughing and neither could anybody else. Rashid caught her and through her over his shoulder. "Put me down bitch! Help! I'm being kidnapped. Toya ain't nothin real about you."

"Let my girl go," I had tears in my eyes. I tried to go and help her but I been laughing too much.

"You can get it too," Rashid said. I looked at this nigga like he been fool. He copied my look. "Somethin on yo mind?"

"Bitch." It was my turn to take off running. Good thing it's easy to take these heels off. I know we looked crazy as bitch. Rashid still had Britt on his shoulder and I was running down the parking lot to my car. "Keem!"

"Don't be callin that nigga before I shoot yo ass." That made me laugh. His little goon squad came running up, laughing and shit and recording like this shit funny. "Damn Britt you heavy as shit."

"Fuck you yo ole weak ass bitch. Bamboo lookin ass."

"Keep talkin shit and Imma put you in the trunk of my car."

"You ain't gon do shit." He went to his car and actually put her in it. "Get me out!"

"Yo crazy ass! Get my girl out the trunk."

"Nigga you next." He started chasing me again. 

"Help! This nigga crazy. He tryna kidnap a real nigga." Our whole class just stood there laughing like the shit funny. Rashid unbalanced ass tryna kidnap niggas and shit. Where the fuckin cops at tho?!!?!

Trina POV

These niggas playin around and shit like their ass ain't in danger. But go ahead. Have all the fun you want Toya because pretty soon you won't even remember what the word meant. I couldn't graduate with my class because well, I dropped out once Rashid and her nosey ass started putting two and two together about my invovlement in some shit. Pretty soon I'll get Rashid back on my side and I won't need shit but him. Boss man wants to get rid of Rashid all together but I ain't lettin it happen. Rashid is my boy and I ain't lettin nobody out him.  I've been waiting so damn long that it's crazy. But starting tonight, Toya's world will be shattered and crumbling down on her.

They thought I was crazy before? Ha! Watch, you haven't seen crazy yet....

2nd update today. Sorry for it being short. Tbh it's not my best or favorite chapter but it is what it is. No more than 5 or so chapters left I think. Who do y'all think is behind everything that's happenin with Toya, Shad, Rashid, and Britt? Bet you won't get it!