Chapter 5

Xavier POV

 After like two weeks of searching we still ain't found Kenny ass. We don't know for sure if he was behind the shooting but he's a likely guess. Besides, I think Rashid is doing all of this to get closer to Toya. Now he flirts with her while she shuts him down every time. She's a hard ass but we all know they feeling each other.

With Trina being back...I don't know. There's something about that girl that gives me a bad vibe. It was like that since elementary. Something about that girl scared me a little. 

While everyone deals with finding the person that tried killing us I had my own shit to deal with. It's getting harder and harder to keep this secret. Whenever I feel like I've been away too long I take this drive to the city and get myself into deeper shit. I put up more than I can afford but the risk of it all just gives me a rush. Funny saying that when I'm living nothing but the fast life.

Rashid POV

Fuck it! I'm done with Toya's ass. She gets on my everlasting nerves. All that attitude and shit. This is why niggas can't be nice to these fucking females man. Once you start being nice they think you're getting soft. I can't afford these boys thinking I'm getting soft. My name's Rashid bitch I go soft for no one. 

Toya wanna play games and shit, fuck em! I been playing games since I could spit game. I ain't about to run after a female who's just trying to fuck me over in the end.  I ain't gon lie I was really feeling her too. She ain't like these hoes and whenever she's with Shad I see something else in her. Like If we got together I could see her caring for me like she does him. But when we're together she turns into bitch-zilla. I seriously don't know what the fuck I did to her to have her on my neck about every damn thing but that shit is getting mad annoying.

"Seriously ma," I was talking with Toya. "What the hell did I do to you? Did I fuck you over in some past life?"

"I just don't like you Rashid. Why can't you get that through your thick skull?"

"Because I know that shit ain't true."

"What you thought was me liking you a few weeks ago was me tolerating you. I felt bad about your car."

"You and I both know that shit is far from the truth  Just admit it. You like me."

She rolled her eyes. "I have to go to work." See what I mean? I swear her attitude be turning a brother off sometimes.

Trina POV

Fuck! I come back home too damn late. Now Rashid is starting back up with Toya. She's turning him down but he's still going to her. I don't like that shit. I've been waiting too damn long for my chance. I've been bipassed for too long. Everyone has looked at me as the pathetic one for too damn long. It's time I take matters into my hands. I'll be damned if I let everyone play me for a fool. I came back with my heart in my hand and Rashid will be the one to get it if he likes it or not.

Shad POV

I ain't gon lie when that shooting thing happened I was really scared. I thought I lost Toya and I know it scared her too. For the past couple of weekends we spent a lot of time together. I remember when I was a youngin when I'd get scared about something I used to sneak into her room and we'd talk about nothing and everything. There's been a lot of that and just chilling in the house.

Malik comes over a lot more these days. When I'm at his house his parents argue a lot and I think that's why but he hasn't told me yet. Toya knows something is up so she tries to keep the both of us at our apartment for as long as possible. I don't think his parents notice most of the time.