Chapter 23

Toya POV

 It's been almost three months since Britt and bub broke up. She had literally no place to go so she's been staying with me. When I asked her what happened she said simply "I can't trust him anymore". It hurt me to see my girl like that. Out of all the people in the world Britt and Xavier were the very last people I'd think to break up. At first I was convinced they were on a break but she told me she gave back the engagement ring and changed her number and everything. She seems so depressed and upset I try to limit Rashid's visits because we always end up play fighting, flirting or kissing and I don't want to make her feel bad or lonely. I normally end up at his place.

"Ma," Rashid called my name through the phone. I was in my work doing me and Britt's senior project since she's at work. Yes, she got a job to sort of help out with the bills. Whenever I don't work she does and vice versa. We have less than two months left in school and we still need to get this last bit of the project done or we won't be able to graduate. 

"Yes?"

"I miss you." I couldn't help but blush and smile. Gosh this boy got me going crazy I swear. "I know you smiling and blushing. You might as well say it back."

"Or nah." He sucked his teeth and I laughed. "I miss you Ra."

"Better." I rolled my eyes at him. "You ready for Saturday?" 

"I guess." Saturday is my eighteenth birthday. Rashid said he had something planned for me so I made sure I had that day off. But as you get older birthdays don't really seem that appealing well to me that is. "Can you please tell me what you got planned? I don't like surprises."

"You'll love mines and no I won't tell you." I pouted. "Don't pout." Sometimes I be thinkin he got cameras in my house and shit. He always "How's Britt?"

"Holding on by a thread." I hope my best friend will be alright. I know she's extremely heartbroken about the breakup. 

"I tried talkin to Xavier but he ain't tellin me nothin. He takin the breakup thing to the heart. I'm not surprised. You think we should get them back together?"

"All I want is for Britt to be happy but I don't think we should do that. They need to work it out on their own. This is not a regular fight they had. Whatever Xavier supposedly did it made her untrust him."

"Well if you think so. Aye babe, you still want me to take Shad and Malik Saturday or afterschool Friday?"

"Whatever works for you is fine." When Rashid told me I had him he was right. He helped me tremendously these past months. Hepayed off the hospital bills that were slowly but surely crushing me and he's been taking Shad and Malik to visit my grandmother in the hospital. Since it's a touch and go situation with her we try to go every weekend to visit her. Rashid comes all the time too. Mama even kicks us out to talk to him and his punk ass never tells me what they be talkin about.

Rashid POV

It took me a long ass time to plan this thing for Toya. But I have to admit I'm glad I did it. My baby deserves it. You hear this shit? I just called a girl my baby. Six months man and I fell for this girl hard. She makes me laugh and smile and shit. 

"Wassup man?" I texted Shad to let me in while Toya slept. Britt crashed on the couch for whatever reason. "Y'all stuff in my car if you wanna go get it."

"Y'all bet not fuck while I'm gone." I chuckled. Shad fool. 

"Not making any promises." He mugged me before leaving. Lil nigga keep doin that and Imma put him on his damn neck. I walked in Toya's room with balloons, flowers, and a pre-gift. She had an ass load of books and papers spread out over her bed. No wonder why Britt crashed on the couch. I cleaned up the mess on her bed. "Babe?" I poked her face and she smacked my hand away. I kissed her on the side of her neck.