Prom

A/n: this was requested by @TheKillerKiwi and I hope this is good enough for you. I didn't want to do like a plain boring prom one but that's kind of what it ended up like so just tell me what you guys think.

Prom was coming up and I really couldn't care for it. Dances just aren't my thing and the one person I want to go with is in a whole different country. And all everyone is talking about is prom and it's annoying. Luckily the day was over and I hopefully wouldn't have to hear anybody talk about prom until tomorrow. Unfortunately that wouldn't be happening for me.

Me and my best friend were walking home together when she started asking question.

"Y/n I know you don't like talking about it but why can't you just go to prom?" "I already explained this to you. I don't do dances. They just aren't my thing. I also find it so stupid to spend so much money on whatever you're going to wear and it's only for one night. It's so pointless to me."

"What if a get you a date? I know plenty of ladies that would take you." "Not going to happen I told you I have a girlfriend." "Yeah you've told me a thousand times but I still have yet to see her." "I'm not lying to you, you piece of shit." "How come I've never seen her then?" "Because she's traveling around the world. And I know that sounds made up but it's not." "Sure." "Just shut up I don't need to prove anything to you." "Stop being so grumpy." "Fuck off Ashley" I said before speed walking down the road. "Love you too bud!" She yelled out at me.

I got to my house and walked in. Nobody was home yet. It was nice and quiet. Just how I wanted it to be at the moment. I got a snack then went to my room and laid in my bed and just stared at the ceiling.

I liked the quietness in that moment. It was perfect. But of course my stupid fucking phone had to interrupt that. It started ringing. I look over and saw who it was and I smiled.

"Hey y/n" she said with a smile. "Hey Dua" I said back. "What are you doing?" She asked. "Nothing I just got home from school. What did you do today?" "I climbed some mountain. I didn't go do anything exciting today." "Really? You didn't go like dive with sharks or something?" "No. I actually never thought I'd that. We can do that together when I go back over to where you are though." "I love you Dua but I'm not going in a cage and looking at the fucking sharks. I feel like they will bite through the cage and eat me." "That's not possible" she said after laughing. "You never know."

"What about skydiving then? Will you do that?" "Yes." "I thought you had a fear of heights." "It's a slight fear and I would do it. But only to say that I have done it." "I hope you know I'm being serious." "Oh I know you are." "You better not chicken out then when we actually do it." "I cant promise anything. We'll see what happens when the time comes."

"Babe isn't your prom in two weeks." "Yeah." "Are you going?" "Nope." "Why not?" "You know I don't like that stuff. It's not my thing." "You're going to regret it if you don't go." "Trust me I will not regret it." "Come on y/n it's going to be one of the last big memories you have from school." "I'll consider it but I probably won't go."

"What if someone takes you? Will you go?" "I'm not going with somebody that's not you." "So you'll go if somebody takes you." "No that's not what I said." "I know what you said. I'm going to get in the shower. Okay I love you." "Did you actually hear what I said?"

"Say I love you back" she said pouting. "Did you hear what I-" "Oh my gosh do you not love me anymore oh no what have I done" she said cutting me off and fake crying. "Dua stop trying to change the subject." "So you don't love me anymore?" "Dua you know that I love you stop." "Say it again." "I love you." "I love you to baby bye." "Wait n-" she cut me off by hanging up.

I tossed my phone beside me and stared at the ceiling wondering what she was doing. She's obviously planning something and I never liked surprises that much because they make me anxious.