Break

Dua's Pov:
"Sarah can I talk to you" I said waking up to her. "Yeah. What's wrong?" "We need to go to the bathroom" I said pulling her to the bathroom. "What's up" she said once we got in there. I quickly checked to see if anyone was in there and turned to her.

"It's about Y/n. She's acting different and I don't know what to do. Like you know how we used to act. She's just been acting weird around her friends when I pop up and other stuff. I've talked to her about it and she acts like she doesn't know what I'm talking about. I love her I just don't know what to do." "Maybe you guys need a break" she suggested. "If I tell her that she'll think I want to break up and I don't want to break up." "Well make sure you make it clear that you are actually just taking a break. Tell her you don't want to see other people or anything you just want to spend some time apart until she fixes her attitude. Because as stupid as Y/n is I actually like her and I know you love her. So yeah just tell her you want a break." "Okay. I'll try."

I talked to her a little longer and then we went to class.

I saw Y/n in my last period but I got too scared to bring up that I wanted a break so I waited until tomorrow.

Your Pov:
Yesterday Dua was acting a little weird and she was acting the same today. She asked me to take her home and she said she wanted to talk.

"So what did you want to talk about" I said once we both caught up to each other. "I think we should take a break" she said lowly. "Why?" "Because I've told you that you've been acting different and you haven't changed anything. Like when I'm around you and you're with your friends you act like we're just friends and we aren't dating. I don't know it's just not the same anymore. I feel like you don't like me." "So you want to break up" I said slowly. "No just a break. I don't want us to talk to other people." "It sounds like we're breaking up." "Y/n I don't think you're listening to me. This is what I'm talking about. I just said I don't want to break up. I just think we should take a break. But I don't want to talk to other people."

"Okay" I simply said. "Just okay" she said seriously. "Yes. What else do you want me to say?" "Whatever Y/n. My house is only down the street you can go home now. Bye" she said before speeding up her paste and walking away.

I went home took a shower then just laid in my bed.

As soon as she left I felt bad. I thought about the stuff I should've said or done to avoid this.

I know I haven't been treating her how she's supposed to be. I don't even really have an answer to why. I just haven't been myself lately I guess. I didn't want to break up with her though. Or go on a break. Whatever she called it.

I guess that's part of the issue to. Not listening. But it wasn't like I wasn't listening. I just heard what I wanted to hear.

I really should go after her. But I feel like she doesn't want me to see her. Maybe I'll just give her some time. That doesn't ever really work out though.

This was frustrating me too much to think about so I just went home and went to sleep.

The first few days she avoided me. I'm pretty sure I made her upset. But she's so confusing. I'm not really sure how I made her upset and I can't know unless she talks to me.

I'm not going to say I'm not wrong though. I definitely am, I just want to talk to her.

But finally I caught her in the hallway just after the bell rang for school to be dismissed.

"Dua" I called after her. She continued walking.

"Can we please just talk. I'll even drive you home" I said after I ran up to her to stop her. "Fine but only because I don't feel like walking home."

We got to the car and I started talking after I started driving so she couldn't try and run away.

"Why are you mad at me" I finally asked. "Are you serious Y/n?" "Yes. I know you want a break and whatever but I didn't expect you to be mad at me for this long. You won't even let me talk to you. What did I do?" "I don't want to talk about this" she said before leaning her head on the window. "But we need to. Please" I begged.

"I felt like you didn't really care that I wanted a break. And then the next day I saw you talking to Emma. You know I don't like her. I thought you were just trying to make me jealous or something. I don't know. Do you even still like me anymore? Do you love me?" "What? of course I do. But that's my fault. I haven't been the best girlfriend. And I don't have an excuse for that. So I don't blame you for feeling that way. But I do love you and still want to be with you if that's what you want. And I was only talking to Emma because I'm her partner in class. You know I don't talk to her unless I have to. I want to be a better girlfriend for you. And I will work on that if that's what you want." "That is what I want. I just don't get why me wanting a break is what made you realize all of that." "I don't know. I'm stupid I guess. Just give me one more chance and I swear I'm going to be the best girlfriend you've ever had" I said half jokingly half serious. "Okay." "Yes" I said before doing a little dance. "You're so stupid" she said with a smile.

A/n: Didn't know how to end it but I think it's fine. Haven't updated this in a while hopefully I can get to do it more.