Chapter 59

Jeremy had the couple's Austin residence renovated so he wouldn't have to go out every Saturday morning on his ritual basketball date with his buddies, Xavier and Carlos. He was glad that as friends, they didn't make the Verga League come between them.
They've been friends since high school and maintain healthy competition among them. Not withstanding, Pierre and Xinchua were great people but the relationship with them was purely business related.
He had a court made, a pool and a mini spa. He wanted their outing to be as minimal as possible. They still didn't know who was behind all this.

But as stubborn as Renee is and her strong desire to work against all odds, he set up a small clinic for her and had a background check run on all the doctors, nurses and the other health workers there.

One Saturday, the friends converged at Jeremy's luxurious residence. It had a huge compound surrounded by tall metallic secured walls and a massive gate with a security post. The twelve bedroom mansion was situated at the center of the big compound.
Beautiful gardens graced each side of the entrance. The basketball court and pool were behind the mansion. It looked almost as great as the Carlsons mansion in Britain but its furnishings were simpler.

Renée treated them to breakfast of corn porridge with pancakes and some sausages. Just like Jeremy did the first time, he tried it, they licked the bowl clean, literally.
She remembered those times in his penthouse back in Tema, Ghana. When they began to get along, after weeks of being at each other's throats. And the picnic at the park. That was when she realised she had fallen deeply in love with him. He challenged her to do more. He made her realise that there are actually no boundaries to what she could do unless she set them herself. He made her free spirited.

Jeremy and Xavier went ahead. Carlos decided to stay behind to take some fruits as well. Tyler, sat in his high chair playing with his food. Renée washed the dishes as Carlos sat munching on some bananas. He eyed her lustfully as she had her back turned towards him busily engrossed in her chore.

He tiptoed to the door and locked it. Then he approached her slowly from behind, grabbing her waist with one hand while the other covered her mouth. He whispered to her as he gently bit her ear.
"No one will hear you even if you scream. Be with me. I promise to make you the happiest woman on earth. I'll give far more than Jeremy can ever give you."
She tried to wriggle out his grasp. He was too strong for her. He continued kissing her neck and caressing her.
'No, I can't give in. I can't do this to Jeremy, with his own best friend.' She thought to herself.
She gathered all her strength and unbelievably broke out of his strong embrace. She quickly pulled out a knife from the shelf and faked confidence.
He was overpowering. It was a lost battle. She silently prayed Jeremy would pass by.
"Get away from me!" She yelled at him.

'Carlos, aren't you done eating? We don't want to start the game without you man.' A voice came from the corridor. It was Jay's.
He turned the door knob.
'Why is the door locked?'
Carlos approached her slowly.
"Don't you dare come near me. I'm not afraid to use this." She faked confidence but it was so obvious she was trembling.
'What's going on there? Carlos? Renée?' Jeremy called out from behind the door.
Carlos grabbed her hand and the knife fell to the ground. Renée screamed as he fondled her, trying to push him away but to no avail.
Soon the sound of keys came through and the door opened. Jeremy rushed and pulled Carlos off his wife who was weeping now.  He pounced on to Carlos and the two were engaged in a fierce battle.
Xavier tried to no avail to separate them so called for security. The security personnel were able to separate the two. Renee immediately took Tyler off his high chair and held onto him, defensively. Thank God Jayson and his sisters were with Mia and Edward in Dallas.
"How dare you touch my wife, you animal!"
Jeremy was fuming with rage.
"Because I'm in love with her. Yes, since the very first day I met her at the charity gala several years ago." Carlos calmed as he confessed.
"Get your hands off me I'm calm now!" Carlos yelled at the two men who were restraining him and Jeremy nodded so they let him go. He approached Jeremy and looking at him straight in the eye, smirked
"Jeremy, I would not stop at anything until I have Renee. And I mean nothing will stand in my way." He whispered.
Then he pulled out a gun so quickly, the security personnel couldn't do same.
"No one move or I'll shoot." Carlos threatened.
He then bursts into an uncontrollable laughter.
"You're such an idiot I don't know why the pretty ladies keep falling for you. You fell into every trap I set, I even wonder how you thrive in your business. If that witch had than her job right Renee would be with me now."
"What exactly are you trying to say Carlos?" Jeremy questioned.
"I was behind everything...."