Episode 30

He smiled wearily.
"My mum was heart broken. Words couldn't describe what we were going through. It was later on that we found out that it was a great scheme planned out perfectly by Jana and her family to destroy every ounce of happiness my family had in our hearts. Anastasia was paid to seduce my dad, I still don't know why she took the offer. I gave her everything she ever wanted and more."
He sighed once more. I could tell he deeply loved her. Did he still do?

"Whatever the cause, I would never forgive her or my dad. She left Miami for LA with her modeling agent and I never found her again. That was about 11years ago."
I hugged him. He was the strongest person I've met. After all this, if I were in his place, I don't think I could ever live again.

"Now now sweetheart, let me finish my story"
I nodded and let go of him.

"A year later, my dad died mysteriously. We were evacuated from our house and everything we owned including Carlson Corp. was transferred and the ownership given to Jana's family; Buckle through some way we don't understand till date. To crown our sorrow we got know about my dad extra marital affair and about Mia.
The nurse who took care of Mia died and since she was still underage, my mum took her in. She was not to blame for my dad's escapades.

Mr. Whyte took us in because of the promise he made to my dad on his dying bed.
Whytes and Associates were going down hill and needed an alternative apart from investing in a chain of businesses, and together I helped him build a tech empire which moved Whytes and Associates from the 5th position to the 1st position in the Verga league. Carlson Corp has remained at the bottom for years now.

Mia felt and still feels it's all her fault my family is in shambles. She filed a case against them, her own family but that didn't end too well. She suspected that they bribed the judge. There's corruption everywhere. It was after I received the news from Mia about the case that I bumped into you at the park the first time we met."
"I feel so sorry now for being so judgmental", I said in between giggles. He laughed.
"The park meant a lot to my mum and now to me. My mum cried herself to sleep many times and it was a stroll in the park that calmed. And for about 10years she fought depression. Her health deteriorated slowly and as you know, a couple of years earlier, she passed on. She always said that that park will be a source of happiness to me and I don't doubt that now because that's where I found you. My perfect other half.", he smiled

I placed my hand in his and gently planted a kiss on his cheek.
"I really admire your great strength and perseverance. All you've been through has shaped your life to what it is today. Not everyone can go on after going through all that. And i want you to know I love the person you've become. Though I feel like you don't trust me sometimes, but I understand why now. But I doubt your stubborn nature can ever be explained."
We laughed. The earlier tension ceased.

"I admit I initially thought you wanted to wind your way into my heart for the money just like Anastasia. I mean you're also called Ann. That was too much of a conscience.
He laughed.

"I wanted you far away from me and my family. I couldn't stand them go through all that again but now I feel that can never get enough you. You intoxicate me. There's no place I'll rather be than with you."
"Wow. you're such a sweet talker. I'm certain if my skin were clear, I'll be blushing now", I said sarcastically.
We laughed.
He took a step forward, drew me closer eradicating the space between us. He cupped my face gently, lifting my chin. His face was just a breath away.

"I'm damn serious, baby", he whispered
He leaned in and was about to kiss me. I would be a liar to say I didn't want to but I couldn't. Everything happened so fast that before I knew it...
I pushed him away.