Episode 28

I went to my room and changed into an African print asymmetrical maxi dress, grabbed my sunglasses and hat. I met Jeremy at the beach.
"Hey. Looking great.", he greeted
"Hey"
"Feeling better now?", he asked with concern, cupping my face in his hands and searching it for any emotion.
"Yeah. I'm good"
"Don't worry I understood you perfectly.", he stated ironically and started walking, dragging me along. We laughed.
"You don't have to always put the blame on a woman's cycle. It gets hurt too, you know". I teased.

He took me to a small port. We got unto the dock.
"Wanna go for a ride on my yacht?"
"I don't know..." he cut in
"Let's go.", he dragged me in and signaled the captain to proceed.
We went miles and miles away from the shore. I was starting to get frightened. I'd never gone sailing. Can you blame a girl for having a phobia for rides on the ocean?

Jay hugged me from behind.
"Don't be scared I've got you", he assured me.
"I never am when I know you're this close" I whispered
I turned around and looked into his eyes. He stood a head taller than I was but I could see his beautiful generic brown eyes. I could look into them all day.

I sighed. I can't do this to Jordan. I know how much he loves me even though he knows I'll never love him as much. I know it took a lot of strength to finally allow me to go on this trip.
I wriggled out of Jeremy's arms.
"What's wrong?"
"This is wrong. I'm engaged and you're too. Don't forget that!",
"I don't love her okay? It's you that I want, Renée!", he yelled.
"Then why are engaged to her then? You're getting married for goodness sake!"
He sighed and turned around
"You'll not understand, Renée"
I was hurt. He didn't trust me enough to tell me his problems.
I faced the oceans enjoying it's breeze. The Atlantic was beautiful. It's green color complemented the sky.
"Renée..." I didn't respond. He went on.
"I love you; always have and always will. I knew from the start that you were different. Unlike any other. Not many women stand up to me the way you do, you know. They literally kiss the ground I walk on because of the money in my bank account.
When dad introduced me to you and tried to play matchmaker, I knew for sure I wasn't the only one who saw the beautiful, hardworking and principled woman you had on the inside. I know I may have come across as rude and unfriendly but I've guarded my heart for so long I didn't know how to open up until you walked into my life."
Why had he guarded his heart for that long? It caught my attention so I turned.

He sighed. Drawing me closer, he planted a kiss on my forehead and wrapped his hands around my waist. I felt uncomfortable and tried to wriggle out of his embrace but I couldn't. Looking into my eyes, his voice dropped to a whisper.
"Promise you won't freak out"
Was I fully prepared for this revelation?....