Episode 26

Mr. Whyte literally gave me no option.
"But Mr. W-
"Renée dear, it's a vacation for you too."
"Sir..."
"You're my doctor... What if something happens to me on the trip?"

Oh Goodness... He's as stubborn as his son.

I had packed my bags. Jeremy was supposed to come for me but declined at the very last minute so Randy picked me up.

**********
It was my first time in a private jet. Jeremy sat with his fiancée while I sat opposite him with Mr. Whyte and Mia.

"I can't believe I let you talk me into this." Jeremy whined
"Come on son, you need a break too"

Throughout my stay in the US earlier, I never went out of Massachusetts where I resided.
My university, was also located in Cambridge, Massachusetts so no stress. Mr Whyte made sure I was comfortable and for that I was grateful.

* * * * *
We landed in Miami, Florida. It was known for its beaches, live music and other outdoor events; the perfect place to relax.
We lounged at a luxurious beach hotel.

"I've made all the necessary preparations, all you need to do is register at the reception." Mr. Whyte announced.

Joe called.
"Hey honey"
"Joe"
"Are you in Miami?"
"Yeah, we just got to the hotel. Let me settle down, change and then we'll talk, okay?"
"Sure dear. Love you"
"Bye"

**********
Jordan was against this trip from the onset and I understood him perfectly but it wasn't like I had a choice.

"Renée, you can't up and go on a trip with your ex."
"I'm not going with just him. Besides it's a business trip."
"Renie, as your future husband, I forbid you to go on this trip", he spat out the words in anger.

I was thrown into shock but recovered quickly.
"Why do you sound so insecure?"
"Because I love you and I don't want to lose you and because...", he spoke softly.
"And because...?"
"*deep sigh* Never mind Renie. I trust you. And besides, it's your job so you have to go but please keep me updated.
*sigh* I love you"
he said and left my apartment.

****************
I went back to the reception. I met Mia there.
"Jeremy already picked a room for you Renée. He said you liked the ocean view so picked a room where you can have the best view of the beach."
She winked at me.

I didn't know how to react to that piece of information.

I was surprised.
This was the first time in a long while he's ever done something nice for me but then again, he did give me his jacket once when I had a stained top and he also shielded me from those reporters...Oh God

But I was a bit doubtful. I knew Mr. Whyte and Mia had been scheming. I still hadn't forgotten that gym incident; I fell right into their trap.

"Doubtful?", her voice broke into my reverie
"You can ask the receptionist. Elena was furious because she wanted that room but Jay didn't let her have it. She decided they'd sleep in separate rooms because of that. Not like Jay cared anyways."

* * * * *
The next day was a day out on the beach. I wore a red flower print spaghetti strap maxi dress, grabbed my hat and sunglasses and headed for the beach.

I met the others.
Elena was in a bikini that left nothing to imagination. Mia had covered up a bit in her one-piece swimsuit.

"Renée.", Mia spotted me first.
"Hello", I greeted everyone.
Mia and Elena went for a swim.

Jay was working even on a vacation.

Mr. Whyte and I relaxed on the beach.

A young man came over with Jay.
"Mr. Whyte"
"Xavier Ruis, it's been quite sometime."
"I presume you're Jeremy's fiancée. You are absolutely stunning."
"No, She's just a good friend of ours. Elena is in the water with Mia", Jeremy pointed out.

"Oh then I'll like to..."
"NO!", Jeremy cut in abruptly and then realized it was awkward.
"I..I...meant she'll be very busy on this trip", he quickly added.
Mr. Whyte suppress a smile.

Xavier muttered undertone.
"I guess my man has a soft spot for one of his 'friends'."

Jay could only sigh.