Chapter 26

"Sir." Ara looked up at Prince Ire when he saw him picking up the small stick she held too. "You want to pick your teeth sir?"

Prince Ire looked up with the toothpick he was holding. He knew Ara was just whining around trying to make him feel bad and change his mind, but things like that don't work on him. He was definitely going to taste that thing in front of him. The smell coming out from the stew with the cow skin in it was triggering his nose to take the whole plate away from Ara just for himself. Prince Ire inserted the toothpick he was holding into one of the biggest cow skin soaked entirely in the stew with locust bean glued to the body. "Your cow skin does need a check up." Ire looked up at Ara who was just looking dumbfounded. He knew she dare not talk and used it for his advantage enjoying the cow skin.

"Sir! Check up." Ara couldn't believe what she just heard as she watched Prince Ire picked the biggest cow skin, chew and picked another. Chew and picked another one again.

Ahhhh! Is this check up not going to end? Ara screamed in her mind. How many cow skin is even inside the plate self?

After Prince Ire had ate three out of the five cow skin served for Ara, he couldn't fathom how on earth he had never tasted something so sweet like that in his life. He would definitely try more local things. "Hi," Prince Ire tried to call the young girl that served Ara. "Hi," he called again because the girl didn't realize Prince Ire was calling her.

"Aunty o!" Ara helped him yell knowing the voice Prince Ire was using couldn't work in a place like that. They were in a place where they have to scream before they can be heard because of how noisy the place was. "Aunty two bottle water!"

The way Ara was calling the young girl made Prince Ire gave her a look to stop that, wondering why she was shouting that way in a public place and using Aunty for a girl who couldn't be more than sixteen years of age. The young girl who was serving others finally heard. She rushed down to them with two bottle water apologizing for not answering on time. When Prince Ire realized he had finally gotten the girl's attention, he spoke up. "Serve us three more plates of this please. And add more stew please."

The young girl smiled. "Yes sir." Then she left. Prince Ire was about dipping his toothpick again when he realized the cow skin had finished. He looked up at Ara who pretended like she was not seeing him putting the whole of her attention, strength and eyes on the bottle water she was opening. Prince Ire dropped his toothpick and decided to look for trouble. "I never knew opening bottle water was that hard. Need my help?"

I know. You are looking for my trouble again. Welldone. After eating my cow skin. Ara raised her brow and opened the cover very quickly, smiling. "I guess I wasn't opening it well before."

"That must be the case." Prince Ire said, receiving the plates one by one from the girl. "Thanks," he said. Facing Ara. "Because I ate out of yours, this is how you will eat with me." He picked a new toothpick. "When I take two, you take one. Then we take one, one after." They did that enjoying the two plates together. When Prince Ire was about drawing the third plate, Ara flew out of her chair and laughed to the entrance. She attracted few eyes to her but that didn't stop her from laughing. Prince Ire wondered why but when he scrutinized the third plate, he couldn't believe his eyes.

Ara had ate four out of the cow skin leaving just one for him.

Ire looked at Ara for answers but got a loud laughter in return. Ara quickly rushed out spitting the water in her mouth because she couldn't hold the laughter that erupted with force through her mouth. Two can play the game. You ate my cow skin, I took them back. This time, with interest. Ara grinned.