Chapter 11

"Or you have someone waiting for you somewhere?"

Ara looked up at him. She couldn't quite understand what Prince Ire meant by that. Of course, she couldn't tell him she was planning on meeting Ayoola. She wasn't sure how he would take it. So instead of saying anything, she returned back to her food. "No," she said, cutting and playing with the potatoes and plantains in her plate.

Prince Ire looked at her. He wasn't expecting her to tell him about who she was meeting. He knew it would be hard for her to say, and he didn't even want to hear it. He could sense she was angry and she wasn't hiding it, but that wouldn't make him go back on his words. He was a man of his word, especially now that he had gotten Florence involved.

Suddenly, Prince Ire felt silly and stupid, wishing he had not given Ara such a serious punishment because he couldn't control his emotions. Prince Ire knew Florence would make the task even more difficult for Ara, and now he wasn't sure if he was in his right senses when he was saying all that, knowing Ara would not be able to finish the whole work alone by evening.

Prince Ire whose mind was no longer on the food he was eating chewed the plantain in his mouth before opening his mouth to talk. He really didn't like the fact that Ara wasn't responding or trying to say a word or two to him. He saw that she was still playing with her food and decided to initiate a conversation with that. He stopped eating his food and stared at her hoping she raise her head to look at him. "I guess you are not hungry."

"Yea, you guessed right." Her voice came out cold but she tried not to make it too obvious. This time around, Ara still did not look up, replying with her head down and made sure Prince Ire felt the coldness in her voice hitting each note with annoyance for him to feel it. Prince Ire understood, immediately giving up. He wouldn't change his mind anyways, so he resumed back to his food.

Aramade pushed her plate away. "If you will excuse me sir, I would like to start my work immediately sir." Her head was down all through.

Prince Adedamire wished she could just raise her head and stare at him, but she still did not. He was a bit worried but he wasn't showing it. He masked up his face with his serious and stern look like he doesn't give a damn. "That will be better if you are not hungry. Go get your job done," he replied coldly. Ara walked away, leaving Prince Adedamire alone at the dinning. He watched her leave, then later took his phone from the table and began typing.

•••••

Still in the kitchen washing back the pots and everything she used in preparing breakfast, Sewa felt her phone vibrated on the kitchen cabinet. She took a napkin, cleaned her wet hands and picked up her phone. The name she saw made her raise her brow up. A text message from Prince Ire. She wondered what was wrong that he couldn't call and decided to text her instead. She quickly clicked on it before she gets herself into trouble for not doing whatever the text says.

'Go assist Ara. You are just helping because you like assisting people. Got that? Delete message now.'

Sewa read the message over and over again. She raised her brow wondering why she got a message from Prince Ire of all people to assist someone. No one could answer her, granting her mind to wander to think of many reasons.  Then she smiled. She couldn't understand what was going on, but if the Prince had instructed her to do so, she wouldn't dare disobey. Again, she wondered why Ara was working in the Prince Quarters when he never allowed any worker to be added to them until Ara came. Sewa immediately stopped herself from thinking anything else.