"Do whatever is best for her. Don't do what you think is best, just do what you know needs to be done," she stated. "Otherwise, she will just get hurt in the end."

"I don't intend to hurt her."

"We never intend to hurt our mates, but it can happen. She doesn't know what you are to her, and it might not be wise to tell her right after her fiancée leaves her, but tell her soon enough to where she will know and understand so she can fall in love with you."

"If we spend time together as is, she should eventually fall in love with me. That makes more sense to me than anything else."

She shrugged. "If you say so."

An hour into dinner, Francine and Ryan were busy discussing a family trip she planned to take her mate and son on. They intended to visit family in Chicago and visit all the touristy sites.

Invested in the conversation, they weren't aware of anyone else entering or exiting the bar. So when Melissa walked in and spotted the two, she was confused to see them. She knew Ryan had a companion for a short while, but he claimed that it didn't work out for him. The thought of her being his mate suddenly popped back into his mind. With her being back in town, engaged no less, he must have needed a distraction from his mate leaving.

If she was his mate, she felt as though he was a lucky bastard since she wasn't sure where she stood with Lucas. Though the two did decide it would be best to take a break, a part of her was sure it would end with her giving him back his ring. She clutched her hand close to her chest, her fingers covering the black diamond. She loved him with all her heart, and the idea of letting him go broke her heart. But if she was no longer the person he wanted to be devoted to for the rest of his life, she couldn't continue to hold onto him. She had to let him go like he deserved to be.

Casting her eyes away from Ryan and his friend, she strutted over to the back of the bar where the darts board was. A few rowdy men were playing, laughing and having fun. She sat at the bar, asked for a water, and proceeded to watch them. Each one came close to the bullseye, but only one person was able to make it.

As the man made the bullseye again, everyone clapped, and he dramatically bowed to them all. "Let me tell you, I never miss my shot." He looked at the bar, his eyes locked on Melissa, and he smirked. "I bet you wish your man never missed."

Gagging, Melissa rolled her eyes.

He chuckled and said, "Oh, I'm teasing. But I bet you never seen anyone make three bullseyes in a row here in this town."

"I have."

His face dropped. "Really? Who?"

"Me."

Laughing, he tore the darts off the board and handed them to her. "Well, let's see you shoot. I've got to see this."

"Don't think I can do it?" she questioned as she walked up to the throwing line.

"It's not about whether I think you can or can't. It's the idea that if you can, I want to see it."

Shrugging, Melissa threw all three darts at once, each one hitting the bullseyes. A few people whistled while others clapped and hollered. Smirking, she faced the man and said, "Now you've seen that I can."

The man let out a short scoff as she tore the darts off the board. "Well, since you can, let's make it interesting."

"Are we going head to head, or are we doing a betting situation? I could use some extra cash."

"And what sort of betting situation are we thinking of?" the man asked, crossing his arms in hopes of looking intimidating.

"You tell me what you want me to do, and if I make the bullseye, I win. If I don't, you win." She pulled out her wallet and took out a crisp fifty dollar bill. "Are you in? Or out?"