To Catch A Thief

The steady beating of the horse and it's breathing coming out in white, cloudy puffs in the cold morning. My breathing staggered, wondering if I was going to get caught in the darkness. I held onto the horse, worried I would fall and get captured, never returning to my home. I knew stealing is a crime, but I wasn't worried for the moment.

I stole from the Royal Prince and I regret it all too much, but my father sent me on a mission to protect him. A prophecy was told that some great darkness is going to consume everyone.  Meaning I had to get his attention and I had no other way of doing it, then stealing a horse and raiding their camp while they slept. They all snored away like angry bears in a dark cave. The Prince caught me in action, but I was already galloping away into the woods. Hearing the horse's hooves and neighs of their pursuit after me and I knew he would catch up. Almost feeling their hatred running off of them as they followed me deeper into the dark forest. Barley missing the low swinging branches as I rode, trying to escape. 

(Prince's POV)

I didn't understand why someone would even try and steal from me, the Prince! I was kind to everyone, well almost everyone, maybe not my enemies. The thief had ransacked my camp and I was furious, almost tearing up a tree. Seeing the cloaked figure atop my horse. Smelling their scent and I knew, it was a werewolf. The thief rode off down the road, but not before I shifted, following their disgusting scent as it wafted in the air in front of me. They were going to feel my wrath. I wasn't going to show any mercy to them when I captured this creature. 

Growling and running faster to catch up to the thief, hearing my men climb on their horses. Following me, making sure I am safe and would help if I called for it. 

"Alex!" I heard my personal Captain yell. Knowing I was getting too far away from them. I growled, hating sometimes that I'm Prince, the Prince of the Royal Lycan.  

I could smell the fear running off of the thief and I could hear myself growling in anger. Ready to pounce, suddenly, something threw the figure off the horse. I stopped, skidding, using my claws to dig into the soft dirt as I could hear the breaking of branches. Sniffing around, realizing the figure was rolling down the hill and falling through the bushes. As twigs were being snapped from the weight, along with a couple of groans of pain. I shifted, "Get the horse and stay here. I will handle this." I said, looking at my men who finally arrived. Shifting back into my wolf, barking as I slowly run down the hill, but not before smelling something different, something dark. 

Evil...

(Thief's POV)

I almost made it to the crossroads, when I was thrown out of the saddle. Gasping as rolled down the hill as I smash into rocks, trees, and bushes. Moaning as I stood up, dizzy,  wondering what could've attacked me like that. Then I saw the dark form, stepping out of the shadow of the trees as the sun was slowly rising. 

It was my brother, the Rogue. Hades long ago, when I was a child kidnapped my brother and he showed him the darkness in the world. The pain, anger, lust, and torture in the world. Teaching him the dark ways, never returning to the family. An outcast to our name. When we found out my father was furious. He banished him from the kingdom and to never return. I hadn't seen him since the day he was forgotten by the family.

"I haven't seen you in months, Daniel. Why show your face now?" I questioned. He smiled at me, showing his teeth were sharp and yellow. Making me shiver in disgust and hatred for him.

"Well, I can't just visit my little sister, maybe do a little drop in? And why are you in these parts?" Daniel said, raising an eyebrow. His black eyes staring into my soul, "That is none of your business!" I huffed, crossing my arms and trying to be strong, not let him get to me. His eyes watched me, a smirk on his face as he took a couple of steps forward. Standing only a couple feet in front of me. 

"Well, I'm here to kill that Prince of yours, but I guess since you're here. I can't leave evidence. I will just have to kill you too." He said, laughing, cackling into the darkening sky. His eyes flashing a yellow color for a moment as the air began to change. The wind slowly picking up from an unknown force around us.  

Suddenly, we heard rustling and growling coming closer to us. Seeing a huge black wolf jumping out of the bushes. Shifting into the prince and he looked sort of like an angel as the sun raised behind him, blinding me for a moment. With his long brown hair, chocolate brown eyes, strong build, and werewolf look to him.

*Please Vote or Comment, Thanks!*