18

I lay on the bed, unable to move my hands and legs

I lay on the bed, unable to move my hands and legs. They were chained again, I could just tell. First he tries to kill me, then this? All I needed was to be beaten everyday and starved and maybe my body would finally give out, letting me die and rest in peace.

My breathing was uneven and my neck felt incredibly painful from yesterday. There was a knock and although I wasn't sure who was outside, thinking that it might be Felix,  I freaked. Clearly, I had grown an anti-Felix complex aka paranoia and phobia-like fear. I tried moving my body but it wouldn't comply . I felt completely numb. Which I felt was odd . The door knob twisted and I tried to wriggle but couldn't manage to. I watched as it opened and he walked in.

I should have expected it but I kinda hoped it wasn't going to happen. It had already been half a day in this manner and although I wasn't willing to take any more, I just couldn't face him long enough to let him unchain me without saying something uncalled for.

"Jennie?" Felix voice called. Now I was definitely scared. I panicked and started hyperventilating. "I won't hurt you" he tried soothing me but I wasn't having it. "Don't " I muttered staring at him, bewilderment spread across me face when he moved closer and stood above my face.

I couldn't move a thing and I desperately wanted to escape. "You chained me again!" I whisper shouted. "No, it's a pill. It was to paralyze you for a few hours. It will wear off" he explained

I shut my eyes and couldn't believe it when a tear slipped out. I was strong, but this breakout had been pending for a while now. His eyes softened considerably.

"About yesterday. I didn't know it was you..." he trailed off and I scoffed. My right hand was moving again and so was my torso. "Dont lie. You heard my voice, so how wouldn't you know!" I inquired. "It was your fault ! Haven't your parents ever told you not to go through other peole's personal belongings?" He questioned.

I frowned moving the right side of my body to roll over and falling straight on the ground. I winced but i couldn't get up. At least not now. "Let me help you, here take my hand" he let it hang in front of my face. I slapped it away with my left hand and propped myself up.

"I agree, I shouldn't have gone into the room but the light was on and you switched it off. You clearly wanted to disregard the fact that it was me and pretend to be clueless. I apologize for going through his stuff but-" I stopped when I saw his eyes darken.

Don't get scared,  I told myself. I held my weight up using the wall. "You had no right! No one ever goes in that room and you just.." he muttered angrily. My left side was now responding so I stood up straight but my legs wobbled a bit.

"What's so important about the room anyway? What, is that your run away brother or something? " I asked mocking him. By the look in his eye, I knew I had gone too far. I messed up.

"What did you just say," he said, his voice lowering with every step he took towards me. My heart stopped. "Stop" I whispered and surprisingly, he did. But straight afterwards, he walked away.

"I wish you would be more open" I said more to myself than anything but I was sure he heard it. Then he left. For the next few minutes, I walked around the room trying to make sure that my limbs were still working properly.

Food came in and I ate. I read one of the books once again but took a break when I was at a quarter of the book. I walked out to the balcony and sat there watching as the stars twinkle in the Sky. It was pretty. I felt my eyes drooping and before I knew it, I was sleeping.

I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not but I was being carried into the room then I was placed on the bed and in the blankets. Now my eyes opened and looked around to see a dark figure hovering by the balcony door . The second I saw that, I got out of bed slowly and quietly.

I grabbed the lampshade by the bed and.....wait were you expecting me to say that? Well you are wrong. Instead, I fell to the ground and rolled under the bed watching his footsteps go towards the bed. I heard a low gasp then a few quickened steps to the door and the light was on.

Suddenly I felt something on my leg and I screamed then bumped my head on the base. However that did not stop me. I continued screaming and tried to move from under the bed when I felt like something was cluthcing onto me.....or my clothes hooked onto something and my mind was searching for unreasonable conclusions.

I heard a groan and the figure stepped towards the bed. I was fighting for my life right now and I had two very impactful decisions to choose from.

One was I going to allow myself to be taken away by some maniac or two, was I going to stay down here patiently until I died. Both were very tempting but due to my fear of bugs and unrealistic beings, I tried to scurry from the second option. "Help, my clothes are stuck somewhere " I pleaded pushing one hand from under the bed.

When suddenly it was lifted up and I was given a chance to flee, which I did. When I stood up, I was face to chest with him. Don Don Don! Felix!