30

"Touch her and you die

"Touch her and you die."

And with that, the man stumbled back, cautiously. I knew the voice, I had become accustomed to it in the most miserable of circumstances known to mankind.

I trembled. I would have, no, should have stood up and bolted out of this place but I couldn't and it felt as good as over.

Being back to face with this man here......I was at a loss of movement and recognition. A wave of sadness washed over me, crippling all thought processes and putting them on standstill.

I bowed my head down and sniffed. Once ,twice, thrice until the tears welled up and , for the sake of my dignity, I held my face in my hands.

Then a shadow loomed over and crouched.

"Why are you crying? Did I do something?"

The questions made me cry harder and i felt completely powerless.

"Just kill me already "
I whispered with desperation laced with each syllable. Then I heard him cuss and inch closer. I shook violently when his hand came to my buried chin and , with the least amount of effort, he used his finger to life it up so I could look him in the eye.

My tears dropped down my face and my bottom lip quivered and my eyes squinted to see him.

Just do it already!

"No"

Was all he replied with before swooping his hand under my legs and securing my back in place. He stood with little effort and took me with him. When I thought he'd be taking me to a murder room or 'that' room, he didn't.

He walked briskly, with purpose and headed outside. Once there, he located a car and opened the passenger seat before placing me inside. I didn't even bother to ask what was going on because I had lost all fight and will.

He drove in silence, periodically turning his head to see me in my despair. I eventually fell asleep , in pain and humiliated. I really was prepared to give it all up. If this was my end, I suppose I had cried enough for it.

I woke up to the door being opened and the sound of rain hitting an umbrella. That was nice, peaceful too.

I opened my eyes and saw a pair of green ones stare back. With complacency, I stood up and followed under the shield of the umbrella. We entered a building that I didn't read the name for. We walked down the little corridor and the more we walked, the deeper we went, the more I recognized the place to be a marriage certificate place. I froze.

My head swivelled to look up at the mam beside me.

Why?

"But.......I thought you were.......why.....are you doing this to me!?"

I muttered out, on the verge of tears again.

"This is the only way I know how to protect you. It's not your fault, but too much has come out of our encounter for me to just let you go......you could die"

He explained, inching towards me. With whatever power I had left I turned to run for it. I mean I was free at last, I could call the police, my family, work, just someone.

But I stopped , remembering his last phrase.

"I thought you said 'No!' to killing me! Then why now?"

I yelled now. I was disappointed and hurt and regretful.

"Not me. Him"

Was all he said to make it all click. Of I had found out HIS secret why would Felix be the one to kill me and not HIM. The second it clicked, I realized he may be correct and shivered.

Complacently, once more, I pivoted towards him and walked behind him. We found a room not too long after. Once he had placed his signature after the man at the head spoke to us, I sniffled. I wanted to cry, but doing so now would be precarious.

I signed it and raced out to find a corner to cry. I had officially given up on a happy life. I had to be stuck with my kidnapper for life and I despised it. I hadn't gotten some Stockholm syndrome to enjoy this, and I probably wouldn't want to anytime soon.

I cried for some time. No one saw me and those who did, didn't bother me. When I stood up and wiped the last stray tears, I came face to face with a body. Lean, proportioned by heaven's host itself and tall.

I sighed and looked up.

"Sorry I ran off"

I whispered and he clicked his tongue and started walking away. Nothing would have made me feel like crying instantaneously the way that action did.

He drove us back and took me straight to the room I was used to.

No escape now, I thought to myself and shuddered.

Just as I sat down he frowned.

"You have to pack up and move to my room. "

I would have protested, yelled, and so much more if I had the energy but I didn't. So I stood up and grabbed my belongings and walked behind him.

It was late by now, so he offered we go eat but I refused openly, and did so for the next week or so as I sat in the darkest corner of his room attempting to kill myself by starvation. I slept when I got tired of crying and sat there watching the day pass by me without bathing, changing or speaking.

He didn't bother me, or at least at first.

One evening I felt my now limp , tired body being lifted up. I wished to protest, I really did, but I was far weaker than I had expected.

Soon , he placed me in the bed and left.