8

Day 5

Day 5

I woke up feeling tremendous weakness straight to the core of my bones. My head was pounding like a drum and my body was in crippling anxiety from all the trauma.

My neck seemed more fractured now and my ribs were taking in air at an excruciatingly slow rate.

I felt completely and utterly powerless. My mind seemed to be wandering off and coming back for only seconds at a time. Panicking in those brief moments as well.

My stomach was growling at this point and it was so raucous, It was irritating.

I opened my eyes seeing myself in yet another place .

I had always wanted to relocate! Migrate and all of that.  Note the sarcasm. Dark humour was becoming my forte.

I opened my mouth but didn't trust my voice and ended up coughing but , almost as a reflex, my hand flew to my mouth and that's when I opened my eyes.

I wasn't on the bed, chained liked some st.......nevermind. I wasn't even chained on the wall either . Instead I was in a cell. I would say a jail cell, if I knew what that looked like but i didn't.  I wasn't chained at all and i actually laughed. Literally.

I was tired and felt sick and dirty and more broken than ever. I had never thought that anything like this would happen to me, ever. But here I was. I tried to be good all my life just to avoid stuff like this, yet here I was! I continued to laugh, choking for the most part but accepting that as a more formidable death than before, for a bit until i heard the door open, revealing the big bad boss.

He was covered as always. But I didn't feel the need to ask him anything nor did I want to insult him or point anything out. I just sat there watching his every move. He took slow tentative steps toward me when i caught sight of the bottle of water in his hand.

I don't think I had ever felt the way I did in that moment. I was like a starved, raging animal and before I even thought about what  i was doing, I had stood up. I stared at him then at it. Then with one not so swift movement,  I took charge and tried to grab it but he beat me to it.

Throwing it on the ground he grabbed by arms and slammed me into the wall. He was so close to me and my mind forced me to fix this so I kneed him and that split second when he was in pain, I slipped underneath his arm, or at least tried to.

I had forgotten about his hold on my arms and felt so dumb when I finally did realise it.

"Wow, you are strong, but not strong enough" he said inching closer. I could feel his breath which made me conscious because that meant that he too could feel and smell mine. It made me feel even more disgusting.

I dipped my head and slammed it into his chest, trying to move him which was so unsuccessful that he left my arms and let me fall to the floor.

"Go-ahhhh!" I screamed at the amount of pain I was in. He looked down at me then left.

I screamed and screamed and screamed again. People would think I was crazy. I had been laughing and now I was screaming like a mad person. I don't know how or when my eyes started to close but they were stopped when the door opened again and sadly, I was hoping it was him.

It wasn't. The person who stood in front of me made my bones quiver. He made my blood boil yet he paled me so bad you'd think I was a ghost.

"Well would you look at that" he said.

Making my head dip immediately. "I....i" I stuttered feeling so open and in danger.

Roger looked down at me grinning because of the way his presence affected me.

"I just came to tell you to behave yourself. Boss'll be angry if he hears that I'm here but the way you misbehaved with him....no, just unacceptable. Control yourself or i will" he said sending me a death stare before leaving.

I think that was when I started to breath again. I let out a shaky breath and stared at the cell bars until his figure stopped by the cell and his eyes watched me .

I cried so hard in that moment. I felt a million years away from reality and practically dead.

I hate you!