IWAHY 48

The following weekend was uneventful.. at least for her.

Thirdy asked Bea if he could bring Bella to Kat and Bacon's wedding.. as his date. Looked like, that thing with Julia has not been settled yet. Well, she would never know. Thirdy has not mentioned her and she would never ask.

He actually invited her to go with them. But she refused kahit na lahat na yata ng convincing ay ginawa ni Thirdy.

"Sama ka na." He told her for the nth time.

"No."

"Why? Friends naman kayo ni Kat. You know Bacon. So why not?"

"Thirdy we haven't talked since forever. Why would I suddenly show up there as if nothing happened? They probably hate me right now for all we know."

"They don't. Believe me."

"No." She said sternly. "Just bring Bella with you. And wag kang kukurap. You know how clumsy she is."

"I know mana sya sa'yo."

She glowered at him.

Their conversation was only interrupted when Toni suddenly appeared at her work station.

So now on a Saturday afternoon, she was alone on her bed. This should be their siesta. But since Bella was out on a date with her dad, she was left with nothing to do.

Thirdy fetched Bella from Laguna. The wedding was somewhere in Tagaytay.

Rrrrrrinnggg.

The ring of her phone jolted Bea awake. Napaidlip na pala sya. She was watching a documentary earlier. She grabbed he phone from somewhere at her back.

Unregistered number.

"Hello."

"Hi Bea. This is tita Mozzy. Thirdy's mom." Her unsure voice pitched a little.

"Yes po?" Bea responded. Nakikiramdam sya what could be the reason why Thirdy's mom was calling her. This is definitely unexpected.
"Were you sleeping? Sorry. I woke you up yata."

"No tita, it's okay. It's late na rin po to be sleeping at this hour. Bakit po kayo napatawag?"

"Sorry again. Anyway, I just wanna ask you a favor lang sana." Tita Mozzy stopped talking. Bea realized she was waiting for her reply.

"Sige po. Ano po yun?"

"Pwede ba dito muna matulog si Bella? If pwede lang naman."

Natigilan sya. It was the first time Bella would be sleeping into someone else's house without her or without lola.

"No pressure. If hindi pwede, I understand. I'm a mom, too. I know how you feel."

"Kasi po it would be her first time to sleep without me or my lola beside her. Hindi ko po alam kung papayag sya."

"Kausap ko kasi sila ni Thirdy earlier. Anniversary kasi namin ng tito mo tomorrow. I asked him kung pwede nga isama si Bella since you know, she's a family. Ayaw niya actually kasi baka nga hindi ka pa comfortable to leave Bella with us. Matigas lang talaga ulo ko."

"Sige po. I'll talk to Bella. Kung ok po sa kanya, ok lang po sa'kin."

"Thank you. Thank you, hija. Wag kang maiinis kay Thirdy ha? Ayaw nya actually. Ako lang talaga mapilit."

"No naman po. It's okay. Happy anniversary po."

"Thank you, Bea. Bye."

"Bye po."