Home

"Luna Ysabella tumataas blood pressure ko sa'yo."

Bella was sitting quietly in the corner sofa. Not so Bella. She probably has done something so wrong that made her mommy spoke that way. But Thirdy had the hunch. It could only mean one thing.

Bea started to rub her nape with her right hand, massaging it as if she was in pain while left hand was on her abdomen. She paced back and forth in front of her daughter.

Bella's lips began to quiver before she averted her gaze to the floor, avoiding her mommy's eyes.

That was Thirdy's cue.

"Knock knock." He tapped his knuckles first to the ajar door of their family room before pushing it wide open, revealing himself to his two girls.

"Daddy!" But instead of running to jump-hug her daddy, Bella just stared up to her approaching father.. eyes suddenly misty. She looked like she didn't know what to do... sat still or ran to her daddy. 

"Oh, what happened to my princess? You're not happy to see daddy?" He opened his arms as he went near his daughter.

Thirdy is always happy to see his family. But this day, he was giving his extra gleeful face. Bea knew it. Thirdy is trying to lighten up the mood but she is just too displeased to agree.

"Daddy!!" Bella's voice came out as if she was crying in for help.

"Let me to talk to mommy, okay?" He whispered to her as soon as they embraced. He felt her nodding her head. "Ate Ninayyyyy! Bella will wash up na."

On cue, Ninay entered the family room as if she was already expecting Thirdy's call. She led Bella out. Head bowed, the little girl plodded across the room as her ate Ninay guided her on the way out.

"What happened?" Thirdy asked his wife as soon as Bella was out of sight. He lightly squeezed her body towards him, careful not to hurt her. Though scowling, Bea looks fragile in her current state.

Bea snuggled against his neck, just the comfort she needed. In her condition, talking to Bella is draining. Their seven-year old always has answers to every argument and another question to every reason.

"Yun anak mo kasi, hindi na naman napigilan ang bibig. Naabutan ko nagkwekwento na naman sa mga ninang nya. Bakit ba napaka honest ng anak mo? Walang filter."

"Wonder where she got that from."

Bea pinched her husband, her face still nuzzled somewhere between his chest and neck. Thirdy slightly bounced from his seat before he chuckled.

"Seriousy tho, nakakahiya na minsan. Eto naman mga ninang nya, aliw na aliw sa pagkukwento ng anak mo. Gusto ko na nga itali sa waist ko yan anak mo para lang hindi makasalisi mga ninang nya. Ang daldal kasi. Enjoy na enjoy tuloy mga ninang nya."

"Bakit pag postive traits, anak mo. Pag naiinis ka, biglang anak ko lang?"

Bea loosened her hug and looked up to him. As soon as their eyes met, she rolled her eyes.

Thirdy chuckled before he gave her a quick peck to her lips.

"We'll talk to her later."

Bea just sighed. Thinking about the talk is making her extra tired. She felt like every passing day becomes more tiring and heavier for her. 

Later that night, before bedtime, their little family settled to their master bedroom balcony.

"Baby what did we tell you about making kwento to your ninangs?" Thirdy started as soon as they settled in. Pot, cups and glass were in front of him.