IWAHY 68

heypiberdey @floofybeadel 😘🤗

- - - - - - - - 💆‍♀️ - - - - - - - -

"Hello." Bea almost bumped into a plant box as she tried to keep her balance avoiding people who were in constant rush as her while she answered her phone on her right hand and a frapuccino on her left hand. wallet stuck under her armpit. It had been ringing since her lunch started. But she ignored knowing who it was.

"Where the heck are you?"

"It's lunch time. Lunch, maybe?" Sarcasm in her voice.

"You and your smart mouth Isabel. I know. I mean why didn't you tell me you were going out for lunch?"

"Why daddy? Do I have a curfew now?"

"Why are you being sarcastic? I was just worrying."

Bea rolled her eyes eventhough the man couldn't see it. She was walking fast so she could be in the office before her lunchbreak ends. She could just imagine his face doing that puppy-dog-eyes.

"I met Kim okay? She was just around and gave me her wedding invitation."

"Still you could have told me. Nagpapaalam naman ako sa'yo kapag ako ang aalis." She could just picture him pouting.

"Yeah, like how you disappeared that Wednesday after my birthday. Remember?"

If only Bea could see how Thirdy was trying to hide his giddy as he said the next words.

"Why didn't you ask me kasi? If only I knew na you would miss me, nagpaalam sana ako."

"See? Don't turn this on me now. You only tell me when you feel like doing it."

"No. I just didn't tell you that time coz I knew you won't care."

Bea turned quiet for a moment.

"You're teasing me. You want me to say that I care. You're such a tease talaga." Thirdy imagined her nose flaring as she said those words. Typical Bea. Napipikon kapag cornered na.

"And you're a coward."

"What the -"

"Why don't you just say it kasi? That was weeks ago and yet you just couldn't let it pass. I hope hindi ka napupuyat kakaisip nyan. May gusto ka bang sabihin sa'kin? Itanong?"

"Yabang talaga. Nothing. I don't care. It's your life, anyway. Bahala ka."

"You really don't care? Really?"

"Thirdy just so you know, I'm currently walk-running my way to the office. Pag ako nadapa.."

"Okay. Okay. Take care. Dapat kasi sinama mo ko para piggyback kita going here."

"Ang baduy mo talaga."

"Kilig ka naman."

She hung the phone on him. Thirdy just smiled from ear to ear.

- - - - - - - - ☔️ - - - - - - - -

"Bei I'm picking up Bella from lola's."

"No. It's midweek. She has school."

"But she wants to stay here. You know how scared she is when there's typhoon."

"But she's safer there than here. Lumulubog sa baha ang buong Manila. Hindi bumabaha sa bahay ni lola."

"But she wants to be with us."

"You can't just always say yes to whatever she wants, Thirdy. And why did she ask you and not me? I'm her mommy."

"Coz you are.. her mommy."