IWAHY 13

"Thirds dinner?"

Thirdy was tying his shoelace. They just finished their training and as usual, the boys wanted to eat big tonight. Most of them came straight to the training from class so they really are starving.

"No. I have a paper to write tonight." He glanced at Mike before tying his other shoelace.

"You don't look like going to the dorm."

"Not in the dorm." Matipid nyang sagot. He just wants this conversation to end or to at least change topic.

"So I assume you're having dinner at someone else's home?  By someone I mean 5"10 morena girl with chinita..?"

"Shhhh!" He cut whatever more adjectives Mike's gonna add. He gave him a warning look. He's afraid somebody might hear them.

"What? So am I right or am I right?"

"Whatever Nieto!"

"Did I say anything bad? OA makareact huh!"

"I just don't want anyone to hear you okay?"

"Bakit? Takot ka pa rin machismis? Friends na naman kayo di ba?"

"Yes. But Geo's here. You know his sister's friends with Billie.Baka kasi mamention pa nya, makarating kay Billie. I just don't want her to get any wrong idea about me and Bea."

"Hindi ba unfair kay Bea na nagmumukha nman syang kept woman? When in fact, you're just friends and.. you're single. Nothing to worry."

"I'm not really single single. We're just on a cool-off stage. Believe me, I'm doing Bea a favor."

"Really? Her? Or you? To be frank, I don't know how this protects her. I'm warning you pare. You're treading on thin ice. Ingat ka. Baka you're protecting the wrong girl."

"This is the reason why I don't want anyone to know.. making big deal about nothing."

"Okay. Sabi mo eh." Mike pats his shoulder and left him.

- - - - - - - - ♾ - - - - - - - -

"What's this?" Bea can't believe what she's seeing.

"It's banana lumpia with caramel. Delicious believe me." He sounds proud explaining it to her.

"Gagu. I know that. I even knew how to make this. Turon lang yan. Banana lumpia ka pa dyan. I've eaten that like probably a thousand times already."

"Really? I thought you haven't tasted it kaya ang dami kong binili. Feeling ko magugustuhan mo yan."

"Of course that's masarap naman talaga. But really Thirdy? When you told me bahala ka sa dessert, I was expecting some fancy dessert.. yun sosyal-level mo like crème brülée, crostata, crepe or at least ben and jerry's ice cream man lang. Yun hindi madalas natitikman ng dukhang dila ko. Yaman-yaman, kuripot." She rolled her eyes, got the brown bag of turon and then turned her back at him. Thirdy followed her inside her unit.

"Hey! I'm not mayaman. I just have money kasi the tuition fee that I should be paying was given to me instead as allowance. Well! Thanks to my scholarship. Ikaw nga may sariling condo while I have to stay sa dorm. And I don't even have my own condo. I still live with my parents and siblings."

"Well! Thanks to my separated parents I have this condo."

"Baliw ka talaga. Babawi na lang ako next time sa dessert."

"Wag na no! Baka mamaya tokneneng pa dalhin mo." She started preparing the table. Thirdy helped her. "Sayang talaga yun mga kaibigan mong rich, tapos hindi ka man lang mabiyayaan sa kasosyalan nila."

"You're such a social climber."

"Wow! Nakakahiya naman sa'yo. Pang ilan pakikidinner mo na nga to sa'kin this week? Three?"

"Hahaha! Three na ba? I thought second pa lang."

"Three already. At kahit pang second pa lang, kumusta naman yun kapalit? Turon? Whatta leech!"

"Hey! Nililibre naman kita pag sa coffee shop tayo gumagawa ng paper."

"And when was the last time we did it in the coffee shop?" Pinamewangan nya ang binata. "Ever since I invited you here, nilubos mo na talaga."

"Your fault. Pasikat ka sa pagluluto. Now that I always wanted to have dinner here, kulang na lang pagtabuyan mo ko palabas."

"Coz I was expecting a delicious dessert!" She said grumpily.

"Grabe! Dessert lang ganyan ka na sa'kin. Meron ka no? Hahaha!"

She just looked at him threateningly.

"I knew it. Hahaha! After dinner, let's go down. We'll buy you ice cream."

"Ayoko na."

"Sure ka? Hahaha!"

"Ayoko na nga. Last dinner mo na to dito."

"Napaka mo."

"Ano?"

"Arte mo. Hahaha!"

"Ganun? Yan banana lumpia mo ang i-dinner mo. I'm not sharing you my food."

"Pikon-talo.. hahaha."