IWAHY 46

"I have something to tell you that you probably won't like?"

Bea raised her eyebrows at his sudden confession.

They had been to the doctor for Bella's monthly check-up before they decided to go to the mall. It is already close to lunch time. They're currently walking to the mall's pavement heading to the restaurant to have lunch when out of nowhere, Thirdy blurted this out.

He glanced at her.

"Did you eat too much candy daddy?" Bella chimed in.

"No." Thirdy scrunched his nose in confusion. "Why?"

"Coz mommy doesn't like me eating too much candy. That makes her mad."

Thirdy laughed.

"No. Daddy's been a good boy. I don't each too much sweet. Daddy likes fruits and vegetables."

"Even radish?"

"Yes."

"That's stinky."

"If you don't like the smell, just pinch your nose before you eat it."

"That's ewww daddy."

"But healthy. And we need to be healthy, right?"

As they were approaching the restaurant, Thirdy was feeling uneasy. And it didn't go unnoticed by Bea. They were probably two stalls away when Thirdy suddenly stopped.

"Bei I have something to tell you."

"Daddy paulit-ulit?" Bella giggled.

"Bella? Daddy has something to say. Can we just listen first?" Bea said calmly even though she's getting annoyed at him. Why couldn't he just say it? Or if it's something really that serious, wait until they are alone so Bella won't hear whatever it is.

"Ahhhm. My mom and my sister are just around the area.."

"And..?" Though she thinks she already knew what he's going to say, she still prompted him to say it.

"They knew we'll be having lunch here.."

Her jaw clenched. She knew she wouldn't like what he's gonna say next. She squinted.

"..so they asked me to join them."

She felt relieved. She thought..

"Okay. You couldn't join us for lunch? No worries."

"And I said we're gonna join them."

"Come again?" Her jaw clenched.

"We're meeting my Mama Lola?" Bella said excitedly. She even pinched her daddy's cheeks. "Ha daddy?"

"If your mommy would let us."

Bea couldn't believe it. It was like she was forced to do something she didn't want. This was ambush and she hated Thirdy for it.

"Bei. You know it is inevitable. Whether you like it or not, you have to meet them. For Bella." He stopped, letting his words sank into her. "Ayaw mo ba nun? Pag hindi ko iniuwi si Bella, mas madali ka na maghahanap. Kilala mo na mommy at sister ko."

"Mommy you don't want to see my lola?"

Bella's question made Bea a little bit guilty. Here she was... contemplating to just leave the Ravena's without considering her daughter.

"No baby. Let's go?" She gave her a tight smile that fortunately her daughter didn't notice.

They continued to walk through the pathway.

"Wait." Bea suddenly stopped Thirdy from walking. "Kayo na lang kaya ni Bella?" For some reason, she was having cold feet. This is going to be awkward.