IWAHY 74

It was almost 8 PM already.

Thirdy and Bea were both quiet as he steered his car towards the next corner leading to their home.

"Thirds.." Bea tried. They haven't talked since she woke up in the hospital, the hospital staff recorded her vitals, explained them why she fainted, and sent them home.

Thirdy wanted them to stay overnight but since the ER nurse told them that it was nothing to be worried about, Bea insisted on going home. She could rest better on their bed.

She was told to visit her doctor the soonest.

"Save it, Isabel. We're almost home."

Bea kept her mouth shut. She knew he was controlling his temper. She would have to wait until they're home.

Thirdy didn't park his car to where he normally does. Instead, he stopped right in front of the door to the stairs. He helped her as she climbed the stairs.

Bea thought it was a good sign. He must be mad but not enough to let her walked alone up to their room. Nakakailang steps pa lang sila from the ground when suddenly he scooped her up.

"I'm still mad." He said before Bea could say a word.

So Bea just kept quiet. She just lay her head at the crook of his neck. She sniffed him. He was really, really mabango. 

Their walk was very quiet.

Thirdy lay her on the bed.

"Thirds.."

"It's late Beatriz. Sleep."

"Tingin mo makakatulog ako ng ganyan ka? Kung wala ka naman balak kausapin ako, sana sa condo mo na lang ako inuuwi." Probably it's her hormones that's provoking, wanting him to speak up.

"Beatriz please!!! I'm begging you. Matulog ka na. Let's talk pag parehas na tayong nag cool down. And we're both exhausted."

"No. Stress na rin naman tayo, bakit pa natin ipoprolong to?"

"Bahala ka." He lay beside her but turned his back on her.

They both knew that they didn't have the intention to sleep just yet. They were both still wearing their office clothes.

"How could you be pregnant?" He asked after minutes of silence. His voice was now calm.

"Baka kasi si Mama Mary ako?" She answered sarcastically.. and a little harsher than her normal tone. "Of course it happens when you put a man's d*ck inside a woman's p*ssy. That's called sex. And I have lots of it. You were there. Baka lang nakakalimutan mo."

"But you had your depo-shot di ba?" Confusion was very obvious in his voice. And it sounded like he was talking to himself rather than speaking to her.

"I stopped it already." She answered softly.

Incredulity written all over Thirdy's face.

"And you didn't even tell me? Don't tell me nakalimutan mo lang sya sabihin sa akin? Beatriz naman!! Eh di sana nag-ingat tayo." Frustration was evident in him. They were both sitting already. "F*ck! So it was like seven years ago? You stopped having that shot and boom. Buntis again."