IWAHY 23

"You know how this cousin irritates me right? As if being boyfriendless makes one worthless. Like is that the only way to measure someone's beauty? Or one's importance?" Kat quoted the word cousin as she rants via facetime. She is currently in Canada to attend a cousin's wedding.

"May kalahating araw ka na ba nakakalanghap ng hangin ng Canada? Pero yun stress mo pang whole year na." She teased Kat. Ayaw na nya dagdagan ang asar ng kaibigan. And honestly, she's still sleepy. It's barely 5am.

"Buti na lang she isn't really my cousin. Gawd! I don't know what to feel if we really are blood-related. I don't know why my relatives consider them relatives. They even invited them to Ella's wedding. If it were a different cousin, I would've ditched this wedding. And by the way, why were you awaaaaaaaaaake....?" And suddenly her eyes grew as big as saucers, saying the last word as if she forgot what she's gonna say. "Is that...? Thirdy!!!?"

As if cold water was poured on her, Bea's senses were suddenly alerted upon hearing the name. Sh!t, she thought.

She glanced at her back. Thirdy, who just came out of her bedroom, is now looking at her phone screen, as surprised as she is. The three of them were all shocked.

There's no denying. He has this just-got-out-of-the-bed look. And even if he isn't, how would they explain his presence at her unit at this hour? And did she mention that he came out of her bedroom?

"Hi Kat!" He walked where Bea is sitting.

"Uhhhm. Hi. Sige. I need to go. My relatives are probably looking for me now. Bye Bei." And she disconnected just like that.

"F*ck! What did just happen?" It was a thought that came out as a whisper but enough for Thirdy to hear.

"I'm sorry Bea. I didn't know you were talking to her. If I knew, I wouldn't have gone out of the bedroom." He said sincerely.

"No. It wasn't your fault. You didn't know. And I didn't know you'd be awake this early."

"Training."

"Yeah right. I forgot. Sh!t!! I'm so stupid. Anyway, do you want to have coffee first?" She was rambling... still dumbfounded.

"No. I'm running late. I need to go. Sorry again, Bei." He really is apologetic.

"No worries. I'll deal with her." She just said to appease him.

But Bea didn't get the chance to explain to Kat. And Kat didn't ask her about it. Even after Kat arrived from Canada the following week, she wasn't able to talk to her personally. They saw each other in school but Maddie and Kim were always within earshot. She considered going to her home to personally explain but later on decided not to. Why would she? It isn't as if they're doing anything wrong aside from the obvious that, well, it's pre-marital sex. But hey, they aren't cheating naman. Though, she doesn't know if Thirdy and Billie have really broken up. Last she heard, they're on the cool off stage which he kinda confirmed. The breaking up thing was something Maddie heard from his friends. Bea never asked him. Neither did he mention it.

"Bei uwi ka ba this weekend? Elyu tayo." Bea was pulled out of her trance when she heard Maddie.

"Ha? Ano ka ba? Considered Christmas season pa to. Ang lamig lamig pa kaya."

"It's summery Christmas. Ang init kaya."

"Oo nga Bei. Tara! Medyo matagal na rin tayo hindi nag out-of-town. Weekly ka na nga umuuwi ng Laguna since after Christmas break. One weekend lang naman yun mami-miss mo, sige na." Kim was convincing her.

Kat glanced at her.

She just shrugged her shoulder as a response to Kat. Clearly, Kat didn't mention anything to their friends. Kat is waiting for her to do it. But Bea has no plans on telling them.

What would she tell them? That they're having sex just to fulfill their physical needs? It isn't something that you just divulge to friends. She just hoped that Thirdy had the same thoughts on this.

"Kung sasama din si Kat, papayag ba akong maiwan?" She smirked at Kat.

"Yay!! Kasama si Kat. Sasama din brother nya."

"By the way guys, I asked my brother to invite the varsity players. And as of 10 minutes ago, Thirdy has already confirmed. He's joining us. FYI." And Bea suddenly choked on her milk tea. She looked at Kat.

And Kitty was smiling smugly at her. So much for thinking Kat's on her side.