Chapter twenty-seven

⚠ Warning ⚠ In this Chapter there will be a case of self-harm. I will put this sign (⚠) when that part comes for those who want to skip over it.

         ----------------------------------------------

   Marinette never thought a school day could end worse than today. She was embarrassed out of her mind, and she kept getting weird and off glares from random students around the school. Even teachers were looking at her funny, no different from Mme. Bustier's expression. The worst part was Lila was nowhere to be found, so Marinette came to conclusion that she had a big tole in what's happening.

Adrien tried to comfort her all day; tried to talk to her at all costs, but Marinette pushed him away, continuing to every next class she had.

During lunch, she had denied going home, heading to Alya's house instead without informing her parents. Adrien had insisted Marinette went with him, but she didn't have the heart to be with him after him seeing that video.

Marinette went through the back door, only to be stopped by her parents as soon as she stepped foot into the home above the bakery.

Tom sat on the couch with his arms crossed, Sabine right by her side with her back hunched, and a cup of tea in her tiny hands.

Marinette felt her heart jump into her throat, and her hands grew sweaty. She took a deep breath, hunching over as she attempted to make her way to the stairs leading to her bedroom.

"Sit," Tom bellowed, shocking the bluenette. Marinette walked over to the couch, sitting diagonal from her parents as she shuttered, cold from the deadly glare her father was giving her.

Marinette stared into the floor like it was her last hope of living. She kept swallowing despite the bile that continuously to rise up her throat. Her heart beated heavily in her chest, and she could feel her fingers going numb from how badly she clenched the hem of the blondes shirt in her hands.

The silence was deadly and protruding, making Marinette vulnerable and anxious on what was yet to happen between her family. She didn't know why Tom was so mad, but she couldn't think of anything else but her not informing her parents on going to Alya's, but even that wouldn't make her parents that upset.

Tom took a deep breath, sucking in his lips, eyes close. Biting the inside of his cheek, he opened his eyes again, staring up at the ceiling, his eyes glancing back and forth like he was searching for something.

Sabine remained silent, her disappointment radiating off her enough to a point Marinette could feel it surround her more than the cold she felt from her father's glare.

"I'm. . . . . very, very disappointed in you, Marinette. More than you'd think," he smoothed his mustache, covering his mouth, before crossing his arm again. "But. . . I want to give you the chance to speak."

Marinette looked up at him, then stared back at the floor. "I'm sorry. . . ."

"Sorry doesn't cut it! Do you know what you've done!?" Tom yelled, his voice echoing through the room. Marinette felt her eyes welt up with tears.

"All I did was go to Alya"s to eat. . . . I didn't think you'd be so upset. . ." Marinette admitted, denying to look back up again.

Tom furrowed his brows. "What in the hell are you talking about?"

"Isn't that why you're mad? Because I didn't tell you and mama that I was going to Alya's to have lunch?" She asked, eyes still glued to the floor.

Sabine finally looked up. ". . . . Have you seen the news?"

Marinette raised a brow, pulling out her phone. Searching up the latest information on the news, her eyes grew wide when she saw that the video Nathaniel had took of her was now exposed all over Paris.