Chapter four

Marinette pulled Adrien behind her, tears pouring down her face as if the world was about to end. Adrien clumsily walked behind her, almost tripping with each step.

Adrien had no idea where the ravenette was pulling him, as long as he was far from home.

It was the third time his father had ever let him out the house for a "friendly hangout", and he definitely didn't want to waste what may be his last time ever getting out of the house,

"Marinette! Where are we going?" The ravenette stayed quiet, knowing if she said something, her voice would crack, and she would just rant on and on. She tightened her grip on his wrist, picking up her pace.

Adrien attempted to pull his arm from her grasp, only for her nails to start digging into his skin from her grip tightening even more,

"Marinette! You're hurting me!" Marinette loosened her grip, but continue pulling the confused and annoyed blonde behind her.

Adrien gave up on trying to pull from Marinette, when the bakery came into view, as they were across the street from it.

Adrien was confused as to why she was taking him to her home, but as long as she wasn't planning on sending him home afterwards or her parents doing such, he wasn't going to complain.

Marinette pulled him through the bakery door, her parents looking up from the counter as Tom placed the last customers money into the cash register.

"Adrien! Marinette! What a surprise! Did the movie end yet so soon?" Sabine said, handing the next customer a bag full of freshly baked pastries.

"Uhhh...y-yeah....Adrien said he wanted to come over to play some v-video games, so I happily invited him over! Is t-that okay?" Sabine nodded, looking up at Tom to see if he approved as well.

"Sure! Have fun! Maybe we'll even come up there for our lunch break and challenge you guys!" Tom exclaimed, his smile growing even bigger.

"That's fine, Papa! No need to rush to play! T-take your time!" Marinette pulled Adrien behind her once again, leading him upstairs to her home.

She opened the door, letting Adrien walk in, only to have tears bridge her eyes once again. She blinked quickly, holding back her tears as she led the blonde up to her room.

Adrien quickly followed, actually happy to play some video games,

"So what we playing? I hope it's Ultra Mega Strike III!" Marinette turned around to look at her friend,

"Adrien! We're not playing anything! I dragged you here to help you!" Adrien was taken aback.

                     Help me? But why?

Marinette directed Adrien to her bathroom, signaling him to sit on the toilet as she moved to her sink, squatting as she looked through the bottom of her sink for her health care materials.

No, she had never been hurt or cut to a point where she needed anything big, except for a band-aid, but this was something different, way out of her league. As much as she feared what she was about to do, she had no choice but to do it to make sure the boy she loved would be in tip top shape.

Marinette pulled out some needles, some string, some cleaning wipes, and a bottle of rubbing alcohol with a little baggie full of cotton balls,

"This should do." She stood up again, moving back to the blonde.

Adrien's breathing picked up as Marinette squatted between his legs, oblivious to the very inappropriate position she was in. Adrien shifted on the toilet seat, his hands nervously placed onto his lap as he tried to regain his composure again,