Chapter twenty-two

Marinette rolled out of bed after her alarm went off for the hundredth time.

Slugging out of bed, she got ready for school like usual, talking to Tikki about everything that could wrong today now that Lila attended the school.

"Do you think she may start something?" Marinette asked the kwami, pulling on her shirt.

"I don't know, Marinette. There are going to be even more problems now that Lila and Adrien are together, and it's only a matter of time before something goes wrong with you and Lila again," The kwami replied. "You should try and work things out with her, become friends maybe."

Marinette shook her head, "That's never happening. Besides, Adrien said that he'll try and find a way to get us back together or seek the lies Lila has told to his father," She stated. "I'll wait it out, but once I see Adrien falling for her in any way, I'm.... I might go to Luka, Tikki....."

Tikki hovered over the blunette's face silently. There was nothing left to say.

She couldn't talk Marinette out of going out with Luka. As much as her big heart and brain could criticize her as long as they wanted to, her gut told her against it. Tikki knew who Adrien was. She knew who Chat Noir was. All she had to do was patiently wait for her chosen to find out on her own, but by the looks of things, that may take a lot longer than she'd want it too.

~~~~UwU~~~~

A loud knock sounded from Adrien's bedroom door, and he stirred, taking a sharp breath when he sat up.

He reached for his side, rolling his eyes. "Come in."

Nathalie allowed herself into his room, shutting the door behind her. "You don't have anything scheduled today for physical activities due to your pains. You still have Chinese and Piano when you get back from school."

Adrien nodded, smiling small at the assistant. "Okay, Nathalie."

She turned around to leave, before pausing in her steps.

"Adrien?" Adrien hummed in response.

"I.....nevermind. Please, don't forget to take your medicine," she finally said, leaving the room without another word.

Adrien watched her leave, his lips pursed, single eyebrow raised in confusion.

"What was that about?" The cat kwami asked, flying to Adrien from his hiding place.

Adrien shrugged, "I don't know, but she must have been trying to tell me something."

He got up from bed, wincing with every step to his bathroom.

He grabbed the water bottle that sat on the tray his maids must have brought in for him while he slept, and grabbed the container holding the pain-relieving pills he needed.

He popped two into his mouth, chugging half of the water down, placing the bottle next to his sink as he turned the faucet on.

He flushed his face with cold water a couple of times, reaching for his toothbrush and toothpaste to brush his teeth.

After done with everything, including getting dressed, Adrien relaxed on his bed, turning his phone again after shutting it off for the night.