Chapter twenty-three

"Adrien! Adrien!" The female assistant called into the blondes face.

The blonde blinked his eyes open, squinting at Nathalie.

"What?" He asked, wiping his eyes with the collar of his pajama shirt.

Nathalie yanked the sheets off of him, and the blonde gave her a crazy face.

"What is happening?!" Nathalie gave him a stern look, then turned to leave his room, not before saying, "I don't know what you've done, but your father needs you downstairs. Immediately."

Adrien scrambled from the bed, following quickly behind Nathalie.

Nathalie pushed the doors to Gabriel's office open, allowing Adrien inside, then closing them, leaving them to whatever they needed to do.

Gabriel tapped his foot while Adrien clenched and unclenched his jaw, fondling with a loose strand on his pajama pants.

Gabriel looked up from his computer, and his lips went thin. He let out a long sigh, before stepping away from his computer, leather material in hand.

Adrien felt his body tense up, and he hand the urge to vomit, but he swallowed it all down with a loud gulp.

"I'm no idiot, Adrien. And, I suppose, neither are you," Gabriel started. "But going through my stuff? That makes you retarded."

Adrien stopped messing with the strand on his pants completely, and he was trying to hold back his gags.

There was no doubt on what was going to happen in this room, but Adrien knew that he could either stay, and take the beating, or book it out of the mansion, and rely on someone else for a living space.

"Now, I'd like for you to tell me what you were doing in my office last night," Gabriel said calm and smoothly.

Adrien opened his mouth to talk, but nothing came out. Gabriel chuckled, and Adrien was now glancing between the door and his father.

Gabriel began to step towards his son, and Adrien had stopped breathing.

"If you can't tell me, I think my little friend here can-"

"I was looking for information on mother!" Adrien blurted out. A hand came up to clamp around his mouth, and Adrien's eyes blew wide.

Gabriel blinked at the blonde, and he straightened up.

"We don't speak about your mother. She was a tramp and didn't deserve to live in this household!" Gabriel bellowed. Adrien flinched back.

Adrien furrowed his brows, hands clenching into fists. "Don't say that about mother! She tried her best, but you don't know how to keep your fucking hands off someone for your life! What you do to me, and what you did to her! By now, she should have been came back! But she's so fucking scared of you that that may never fucking happen!"

Gabriel pulled the belt over his shoulder, a smirk on his face.

Adrien sniffed, tears escaping his eyes now. "Just hit me already! Just get it over with! I can't live like this anymore.....you might as well kill me while you're at it, like last time...."

Gabriel faltered, and for once, Adrien could see the guilt on his father's face.

The fashion designer stalked over to the blonde. He stared down at Adrien for what felt like hours.

Swiftly, Gabriel slapped Adrien across his face, hard, causing the blonde to step back a bit, then lashed at Adrien's legs with the leather material.