Duet

"So... can you do it?" The teacher asked you with eyes glistening of hope, as you couldn't possibly turn down his request.

"S-Sure! I'll need some time to search for the girl though, Mr. Lim." You answered hesitantly.

"It's okay, take your time." You bowed to him before you left the office sighing.

You were just given a task to fill in a performance at the school festival, since you were well known for your vocals as well as your guitar skills. This wasn't gonna be the first time you're gonna perform since you've did it before, so it wasn't gonna be a problem.

The real problem is, you had to search for a partner to do a duet with.

How can i possibly do that in a short time....

You rested your chin on your thumb as you walked through the empty halls. Most of the students have already went home, meaning that you might have to start to search for candidates tomorrow.

gipeun kkumsok geu eodinga kkeuchi eomneun eodum sogeuro~

Your ears twitched as you heard a faint angelic voice from somewhere near you.

Whose voice is that?

jitge kkallyeojin angaee jamshi gireul ireo jeomjeom meoreojigo~

Woah. I need to find the owner of this voice! This might be it!

You thought to yourself being happy at the thought that you might've found the perfect girl for you to do a duet with. You glanced left and right frantically before the voice disappears.

soneul ppeodeo dakil barabojiman nan dolgo doljyo tto hemaeilkkayo~

It must be here.

You said as you peeked through an open classroom door. You found a girl was there sitting lonely on a chair with her back facing the door looking out the window. Her brownish hair shining brightly as the sun shone at it making it glow. Her uniform that looks elegant with her wearing it even though you had seen it tons of times.

This was it. She is the one that's gonna do a duet with you during your performance later at the festival.

I'll try and listen to it a bit more.

eonjenga uriye bamdo modu jinagagetjyo
kkeuteomneun eodumi millyeowado nan dashin
duryeoweohajineun anchyo uri du son kkok jabgoseo eodum kkeutjarak hamkke georeogalgeyo

She paused as you kept looking at her in awe from the crack.

"Yup! That was it!" She said as she wrote down something on a book.

She was making a song? Wow. Those lyrics were amazing.... she could pass off as a lyricist.

You kept looking at her elegant figure still scribbling some stuff as she tapped her mouth with her pen.

Looks like she's thinking about something... wait. Why am i just sitting here? I need to ask her to perform with me!

You opened the door instantly making her jumped in surprise and quickly hid her book behind her in one motion.

"Wh-wh-who are you? What're you doing here?" She asked you with her husky voice. She sounded trembling making you feel bad as you just realized that you scared her.

"Sorry, didn't mean to startle you. Let me introduce myself. My name is Jung Y/N, and i'm in my 2nd year. I was walking nearby when i heard someone singing. Which i assume was you." You said as she slowly started to walk towards you.