Not the first time

....ugh. What am I even doing?

He thought to himself, before throwing his phone away onto the side as he rested his arm on top of his eyes. His phone fell down, resulting in quite a big noise, yet he doesn't seem to have a care in the world.

I know full well that she's not interested, yet why am I so full of hope?

He sighed, turning his body away from the door as he stared into the white wall, thinking of the decisions he's made before.

Just then, his phone's notification popped up to reveal a message from the one he had been crushing on for quite some time.

Kim Chaewon.

It was an invitation to meet up, the reason being that she wanted to have a talk about something.

It's probably her wanting to rant about her problems. I shouldn't go.

15 minutes later and there he was. Sitting at the cafe she had told him about and waited for her to arrive, as he waited for his order to arrive.

Soon after, she came with a frantic look on her face which indicated that what he initially had in mind was correct. She started to tell him about how this one guy wouldn't reply to her messages at all and other problems such as things that had happened at her work.

He listened to her carefully and attempted to give her advice, despite knowing that she doesn't even consider his words most of the time.

It went on for quite a while until her phone lit up, which stopped her words.

"Hold on a second." She picked her phone up, and it was noticeable that her mood had gone up a bit, even though it was only a slight one. She almost had a smile drawn on her face before it went back down.

"I gotta go. I- My sister told me to go home for some reason." She said,

"I should walk you home then." He was about to get up, when she stopped him.

"No need! She said she's going to pick me up now. See you later." She got up quickly and walked away, without even having a drink.

It was short... huh? Well, at least I got to meet her, I guess?

Looking at the time, he realized that it was too soon for him to go back home as it hadn't been an hour after he left. He decided to go over to the Han River and take a breather as he found it depressing to be laying down on his bed and thinking over some girl who's probably not even interested, yet at times seem to show a bit of affection towards him.

After some time, he decided to buy dinner as it was already getting darker. He walked past each shops before he saw a familiar face sitting inside a cafe.

And that's when he stopped his footsteps. Seeing her hang out with another guy, a wide smile with occasional giggles was drawn on her face which made his heart slightly prickled.

He sighed, turning around and thought to himself.

I shouldn't be surprised. This isn't the first time this has happened.