Not a kid anymore

The day Y/N graduated from his university has come. His hardwork from the past 4 years has finally paid off and he will graduate with the highest honor. His parents started crying in joy as they see their only son going up to the podium to receive the honor. But they were not the only one crying. Wonyoung, who has been his friend since childhood, was there as to attend his graduation ceremony. She congratulates them as she started crying as well. How did they met? It all started when the Jang family moved next to Y/N's house. They're so close that Y/N sees her as a little sister he wished that he could have.

"Wonyoung-ah. When are you planning on confessing? I'm afraid it would be too late if you keep this up. You know how oblivious he is." The mom said to her after calming down. His parents has known that for the past year, Wonyoung has been trying to get Y/N's attention. How could they not know? She has been trying to get Y/N to take her on a date, or asking Y/N to teach her even though she's the smartest at her school. There's no subject that she doesn't excel in. But Y/N was oblivious to her attempts. Which made Wonyoung annoyed, and decided that she will confess on her own.

"I have plans, Ms.Lee. Don't worry about me." She said to her assuring her that she has everything under control.

As soon as the ceremony's done, they went out and waited for Y/N. As soon as they spotted Y/N, Wonyoung runs towards him and immediately hugged him out of joy.

"You finally graduated! I'm so happy for you!" Wonyoung snuggles into him, as Y/N embraces her in his arms. His parents just watched them while smirking.

"He totally likes her too, don't you think?" The father said to the mom while whispering.

"I don't get why Wonyoung is oblivious to it as well. Even though it's as clear as day." Even though Y/N did take her on dates, but what Wonyoung saw is him still treating her as a little sister on those dates.

"Thank you for coming, Wonyoung-ah. Your graduation is next week, right?" Y/N said to her confirming that he got the right date.

"Yup! Make sure that you're not late!" Wonyoung said, still not letting go of the hug.

"Y/N! Here you are! Oh...." His friend, Hyunjin who has been with him since the start of university approached him. Wonyoung then let go of the hug, as her face started to get red. His friend eyes then lit up after realizing something.

"Bro! Isn't this the girl th-" In the speed of light, Y/N quickly covers his mouth from blabbering about his 1-year crush. It all started when Y/N was teaching her about mathematics at his house. He coincidentally focused on Wonyoung's face while she was studying, which made him fall for her there and then. But he was timid because of the 4-year gap they had, and still is.

"Let's talk over there, shall we?" Y/N drags his friend as far away from them as possible, so they can talk in private without them overhearing.

"Did you hear that? He talked about you with his friend!" The mom said to Wonyoung trying to raise her confidence.

"Ei..... no way, Ms. Lee. He only sees me as a little sister." Wonyoung pouted at her own words.

On Y/N's side...

"Ya! Don't just blabber like that!" Y/N said to Hyunjin who was clueless to what he did.

"What did i do? It was her, right?"

"Yes... yes it was. But it's a secret!" Hyunjin only now realized what he almost did, immediately become apologetic.

"I-I'm sorry!" He said while bowing to Y/N.

"It's alright. Anyway, isn't it time for our photo shoot?" Y/N asked Hyunjin. On the original schedule, they were supposed to be taking photos at a studio before the ceremony. But something had happened last minute so they decided to postpone it till the end of the ceremony. Of course there were complains, but what can they do?