Chapter IV - Act I

"Are you sure that you're sure that he won't surely kill us?" a sweat dropped from the red echidna's forehead as he froze on his feet by the doorway - eyeing the ultimate life form from the small door window who was sitting by the blue blur's bedside in his notorious sleeping posture.

"No, hun. Don't be such a baby," an ivory bat quietly chuckled as she nudged the guardian in who still wouldn't budge.

Knuckles raised both of hands whilst shaking his head in a tizzy, "Last time I thought of that, I nearly got myself killed."

A twin-tailed fox rolled his baby blue eyes as he tried to push the echidna aside to reach the doorknob but to no avail, "Because you're rubbing him the wrong way, Knuckles."

"Couldn't have said it any better," Amy Rose placed a hand on her hip, apathetic.

"Oh, yeah? What? Am I supposed to be gentle and sensitive, like," he gestured his hands towards the blue hero in an overreacting manner, making faces as if saying 'is he seriously crazy', "Like... like this hedgehog who have lost his freaking mind, and I don't know how he is still alive!"

"You do know that you, not lowering you voice, can wake the both of them anytime, right?" Rouge folded her left arm towards her right elbow, twirling her hand as she made a point.

Inside the placid room, the sapphire male was laying down on his side while listening to his friends' petty argument, facing away from the door, already awake since dawn, "I guess they're here. You awake, Shad?"

"Mhm," the raven hedgehog just hummed as a response, not wanting to show the slightest hint of consciousness to anyone else.
What he had gotten out from his chest last night didn't do much help as he experienced another night terror - lucky for him, his rival was there to wake him up before he went back to the dreamland of insanity.
Not wanting to cause another scene in the middle of the night, he had accepted the offer to sit closer to the sapphire male in hopes that someone else's presence (who he didn't really mind) could help him relax, 'And coincidence or not, it surprisingly worked.'

"So, you gonna take your leave now? or soon?" Sonic curiously asked, aware as to how fast anyone could spread the patience of the ultimate life form very thinly.

"Mhm," a faint purr accidentally went along with his low yet calm voice as he maintained his cold aura - it was the first thing anyone would look at so he made sure that regardless of his true emotions, he should, at least in a physical sense, remain unapproachable.

'And, now it's just Shadow being Shadow,' emerald eyes flickered a bit as their owner tried his best not to chuckle from the adorable sound.
"You sure you're gonna be fine by yourself now?" earning another concurring response from the red-streaked hedgehog, he yawned and stretched his arms. "Alright, well, try not to be such a grump today. And you still owe me a race, 'kay?"

"Mhm," Shadow nodded slightly without any protest, acknowledging the fact that his rival was the reason why he survived another night he had been hating for quite a long while now.
"So long, Faker," his aura was surrounded by green chaos enery before vanishing from plain sight - just a split-second before a certain echidna tripped inside the room as the door flung open.

"Oops, sorry, darling," the white bat covered her mouth in a ladylike manner as she looked away, her right heel still held up after kicking the guardian in.

Knuckles groaned as he picked himself up from the floor, "Rouge! You rascal woma-"

"I thought Shadow was here?" Rouge peeked inside the room, cutting the echidna off - annoying him even more. "Aw, Knuckie, you should be really tired. I think I should let you sleep next time~" the ivory lady winked at him flirtatiously.