Chapter III - Act II

"I..." golden orbs dropped down to the floor, balling his fists, guilt dripping from his tone as he prevented himself from shaking. "I can only... imagine what happened. I'm sorry I wasn't there to ease things up."

"Hey, why the long face?" the blue hero chuckled cheerfully as he patted Silver's shoulder. "Everyone's doing alright now, and that's what matters!"

"Still," the psychokinetic hedgehog heaved a heavy sigh as he glance at the wall clock in the room, reading ten in the evening. "The doctor really stepped up his game, now, huh? This just adds to my reasons why we should really stay here."

"C'mon, no worries! We've been through hell and back," Sonic scratched his quills and chuckled sheepishly. "What just happened was absolutely nothing!"

'What a carefree spirit,' the white male could only break a light smile from the sight of the optimistic hero. "If you insist, Sonic. I trust you. Well..."
He rotated his right shoulder as he stood up, puffing his white mane whilst fixing his posture, "I guess I should let you rest now. It's pretty late and I don't want to be a reason if your recovery slows down, heh."

"Oh, please. I swear I'm more than fine, Silv," the matching thumbs up and his cocky smirk was there again.

'That expression makes everything a lot better,' he wanted to banter, yet the telekinetic hedgehog wanted to keep the sincerity of his worry. "Alright, Iblis Trigger. I believe in you, but please, take your time to rest. Have a good night."

Sonic winked at him playfully, "You got it, pothead!" with that, Silver treaded his way towards the doorway, clicking the lights off as he sarcastically shook his head from the insult - greeting an unexpected guest at the corridor.

His positive attitude was suddenly washed away upon the sight of a raven hedgehog with red stripes, having his arms crossed, eyes calmly closed, and a foot supporting his weight as he leaned peacefully against the wall.

Clicking the door close, a tan ear flicked towards the faint sound's direction, letting the psychokinetic male that he was awake.
"Surprising to see that you have the audacity to visit," Silver crossed his arms, the neon blue light from his gloves weakly glowing - indicating his pressing mood.

The ultimate life form held his stance, not budging from his position, "Better than just barging in with pretentious words of concern."

"You, telling... me? Pretentious?" the silver hedgehog snickered sarcastically, amused from the accusation. "You sure about that, Shadow? Says the one who hasn't even shown up to show the slightest hint of gratitude."

"Simple reason," the raven male snarled, opening his crimson eyes to glare at the other chaos wielder. "There were a few of his friends who I can't stand being around with. You happened to add to that weight."

"Since when were you here?" Silver ignored the vulgar comment, shifting his weight to his right foot.

"Why are you here?" the ultimate life form snapped back, emotionless. "You are not needed."

"You need me more than you think, Shadow," a glint of golden light could be seen from his eyes, its owner trying to contain his rising emotions. "I'm here to fulfill the things you failed to do."

Shadow equaled the other male's domineering aura, if not greater - removing his foot from the wall as he stood upright, "If that involves babysitting Faker, then I'll have to let you know that failing was my first and final goal."

"It didn't seem like it from what he told me," the psychokinetic hero raised an eyebrow, letting a slight smirk play along his lips. "Didn't seem like it from how you pleaded before."