Chapter VII - Act I

"His plans are getting more and more serious and," the pink hedgehog shook her head in a panicky manner as she covered her ears with her hands. "Threatening. This isn't good anymore!"

"What could he possibly mean by perfect vessel?" flailing his gloves while pacing back and forth, the distraught guardian couldn't remain in his seat.

'A perfect vessel to contain one's chaos energy, leaving the other practically empty and hollow,' Silver gritted his teeth irritatingly as he turned his head sideways. 'Making the body a perfect incubator for the shadows and the dark energies to thrive.'

Upon noticing the subtle tension, Blaze held the psychokinetic male's arm in an attempt to calm him down - nodding slightly with a concerned look on her face.

"I have no idea for now, but whatever it is," the twin-tailed fox paused the footage of the crash which was automatically forwarded from the Tornado-X's blackbox to the main system of his workshop before the attack. "Everyone's at risk at this point, especially Sonic and Shadow."

---
After the gang contacted Knuckles to report the incident, the ultimate life form transported everyone back in the kitsune's workshop to conduct a meeting and deliberate the potential threats to come.
However, before everyone - including Silver and Blaze - could gather up in the fox's discussion area, Shadow surprisingly asked Tails in a polite manner to allow him to train the blue hero.

"If his life is in danger, then so is mine once he gets taken down," was the antihero's logic when a certain echidna attempted to protest. "He must immediately learn the basics if all of you are fearing so much for your lives."

The young kitsune, noticing how his brother's rival sounded so diplomatic with the request addressed to him, had no say and therefore permitted the two to leave, "He has a point, Knuckles. We can trust Shadow to take care of him."

"How about Silver? He also uses chaos energy! Can't he be the one to-"

"I am chaos. He's inclined to his psychic power," the ultimate life form bared his fangs as he held on to the unconscious hedgehog who was cradled in his arms.
'Tch, expected,' receiving no riposte from anyone else, he scoffed and shook his head before glancing back to the twin-tailed fox - dropping his cold glare whilst giving a slight nod, "Thank you, Tails," before vanishing with the sapphire male.

"Did... did he just say thank you?" with his violet orbs wide open, Knuckles gave the ivory bat beside her the most perplexed look he could pull off. "Did that hedgehog really called Tails Tails?"

Rouge could only roll her eyes, "Shadow just knows his priorities and can easily point out the things he consider important and appropriate unlike someone I know..."

"Are you comparing me to that hedgehog again, woman?" the guardian grumbled with his arms crossed, earning a laughter from Tails and Rouge.

It was when Amy went down together with the princess of Sol Zone and the psychic male.

---
"Exactly!" Silver, who was known to be meek and gentle, slammed a hand down the table, surprising everyone with his spiteful comment. "Why did you let them go, then?!"

Holding his breath, Tails looked away apologetically, his ears twitching back, "I..."

Rose quickly reacted and took cover of the young fox, "Is there a need to shout? Tails knows what he is doing-"

"He's just a kid! Are you sure he knows-"

"Watch your mouth, hedgehog," the echidna clenched his right fist upon hearing the tactless comment. "You're crossing the line-"