Twenty-Nine

Hello guys. I know its been another long waiting period and I'm really sorry about that. I've got a lot of stuff going on. I just wanna let you guys know that i have no intentions on abandoning this book because I've worked so hard on it, I am determined to finish. I have a few more drafts that are being worked on or done so even though it might take a while to upload (hopefully shorter than a month) I'm going to get them out. Thank you all for sticking around, I appreciate it so much.

----------------------------------------

We ended up going to get something to eat at Dairy Queen. We were sitting at the tables with a comfortable silence between us. We got texts from our friends asking where we were and we told them we ended up skipping. 

After we finished we went to my house since nobody was home and we got out our paint by number sheet. We started to work on it with the paints that came with it and some of my own that we put on a palette.

"Why are there so many small spaces?" Sebastian mumbled, getting closer to the paper to see the lines he was trying to stay between.

"Don't ask me, you're the one who bought it," I said with a cheeky smile, continuing to paint a green space. 

"Well, there's something on your nose," he said as I felt the cold, wet feeling of paint on my nose.

I gasped. "Did you just paint on me?" I asked with fake offence in my tone. 

"Whaaat?" He said looking up and dragging out the 'a' noise, feigning confusion. He didn't notice me dipping my brush back in the palette. When he looked down I swiped the brush across his cheek. 

His head snapped back up, "this means war!" he declared, grabbing his brush and dipping it in purple. I smiled and rushed to get some ammo of my own. He went to fling at me before saying.

"Wait! We should take our hoodies off," he said looking down at his white hoodie. I looked at my own too. I set down my brush and pulled my hoodie over my head, then tossed it past Sebastian and onto the couch. He did the same. Then we both raced back to the kitchen to get the first hit.

He made it back first and got me with green and blue, so I retaliated with yellow. It went back and forth for a while.

I put a bright pink colour on my brush and I pulled the bristles back and then let them go, hoping for some of it to land on his smug face, but instead, it flew past hin and just to my luck, my mother comes around the corner just then, her 'I'm home' cut off as shes hit in the forehead with a neon glob of paint.

"What in the world is going on in here?" She says after overcoming the surprise, she looked around the room which had flecks and spatters of paint all around. Finally, she looked at us, we looked the way people do after colour runs.

"Uhh.." I stammered, "we got a little carried away," I felt the blush rise on my cheeks.

She raised an eyebrow at me, "ya think?" She said laughing, "you boys are definitely cleaning this up." She looked at us again, "and clean yourselves too," she said laughing again. Sebastian and I looked at each other, laughing at how stupid we looked.

"Let me get a picture first." My mom said, pulling out her phone. "Say cheese!"

I smiled wide and Sebastian kissed me on the forehead. "Awe how cute" my mom commented, "now get to cleaning," she said before walking upstairs, probably to clean the paint off of her forehead. We used some cloths that were already stained and we wet them with water and soap, going around the room and cleaning the splattered paint while the radio played quietly in the background.

It took about an hour to find a clean everything, we did go pretty crazy. We couldn't stop laughing the whole time.

After that, we took turns taking showers. I went first and I felt like a unicorn, watching all the different colours go down the drain as I scrubbed them off. Some even got in my hair so I had to pick it out with my nails, the good thing is I smelled nice. For the rest of the day, we kind of just hung out and did nothing.